Windows 10: How to modify a shortcut icon to remove the administrator sign without it not running as...

Discus and support How to modify a shortcut icon to remove the administrator sign without it not running as... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to remove the administrator sign from a shortcut icon but I still want it to run as administrator. Please help me out. submitted by /u/narpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/narpu, Oct 25, 2020.

1. /u/narpu Win User

How to modify a shortcut icon to remove the administrator sign without it not running as...

I want to remove the administrator sign from a shortcut icon but I still want it to run as administrator. Please help me out.

submitted by /u/narpu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/narpu, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Michael Win User

Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

How to modify a shortcut icon to remove the administrator sign without it not running as... [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Oct 25, 2020
  4. How to modify a shortcut icon to remove the administrator sign without it not running as...

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

How to modify a shortcut icon to remove the administrator sign without it not running as...

1. How to modify a shortcut icon to remove the administrator sign without it not running as... - Similar Threads - modify shortcut icon

2. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  3. How to remove this icon or shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove this icon or shortcut?: As the following pictures show, how do I remove the icon or shortcut? It can't be deleted using conventional way, yet can't be removed using other softwares too. Some more, can't find it under command prompt, as well.Any inputs will be very much appreciated....
  4. How to remove this icon or shortcut?

How to remove this icon or shortcut?: As the following pictures show, how do I remove the icon or shortcut? It can't be deleted using conventional way, yet can't be removed using other softwares too. Some more, can't find it under command prompt, as well.Any inputs will be very much appreciated....
  5. Remove administrator that is signed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove administrator that is signed in: I am having trouble removing an administrator who is signed in. Went to the control panel and it won't let me delete the account. Is there any other way to do it?...
  6. Remove administrator that is signed in

Remove administrator that is signed in: I am having trouble removing an administrator who is signed in. Went to the control panel and it won't let me delete the account. Is there any other way to do it?...
  7. Remove administrator that is signed in

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Run as administrator "remove"?

Run as administrator "remove"?: Hi, I have a problem... There is an administrator on my PC (my father :] ) and I have an application where you have to enter the administrator password every time. Is there a solution how to avoid entering the password after you have entered it, so that you don't have to...
  9. How to remove Run As Administrator from an app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove Run As Administrator from an app: Two apps are NOT working properly after inexplicably Run As Administrator was added to them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-run-as-administrator-from-an-app/f07c58af-d40e-4c1c-9b5d-1f69f99d2da6
  10. SOLVED: Modifying shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    SOLVED: Modifying shortcut icons: In XP, using the "Tweak UI" tool it was possible to dim or remover the little shortcut arrow from desktop icons. Is there any way to do that in Win 10? 80521