Windows 10: How to modify column width for powershell command results

Discus and support How to modify column width for powershell command results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This link displayed a powershell command to view drivers: How to check device driver versions on Windows 10 | Windows Central Windows PowerShell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Jan 15, 2020.

1. zbook Win User

How to modify column width for powershell command results

This link displayed a powershell command to view drivers:
    How to check device driver versions on Windows 10 | Windows Central

Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Code:
    What modifications can be made so that the column/rows display data instead of ..........................

How do you run the get-windowsdriver command?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pow...?view=win10-ps

Code:
    :)

zbook, Jan 15, 2020

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

You can manually adjust the widths for each by placing your mouse cursor on the line separating each detail and you will see a > I or + <, then hold down left mouse button and slide left or right.

How to modify column width for powershell command results cbabfe73-3c33-4661-8819-714bba632542?upload=true.jpg

seahawks65, Jan 15, 2020
  4. How to modify column width for powershell command results

Excel column width

Is there an easy way to change the column width on Excel using WP7? I copy files over from my PC where the data fits inside the column width but when I open on WP7 I see "xxxxxxxxx" in the column meaning the data won't fit. I've tried moving columns with
    my fingernail after enlarging the spreadsheet but can't get it to do anything. Is the only approach to make the columns wider on the PC version first?

buzzzqwert, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

How to modify column width for powershell command results

1. How to modify column width for powershell command results - Similar Threads - modify column width

2. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  3. File Explorer Template Column Width

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Template Column Width: How do I change the Documents, Pictures, Music, and View templates? The existing templates are not particularly useful for those of us who use full-size monitors instead of cell phones. For example, the "Name" column in the Documents template is too narrow to be useful on...
  4. Powershell: How to separately data in 1 column to others columns with header ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell: How to separately data in 1 column to others columns with header ?: Dear supporter, Thank you for your visit, I'm a very new with Powershell data array, I have a question and I hope you can help me: I have a .csv file with 3 column, "Auditdata" is one of them and it contains too much data and I can't filter them. its data in format...
  5. How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?: Hi, everyone I hope to use PowerShell command code to modify speaker sound volume to maximum. Do anyone know the command code? Thanks a lot. Note: I hope to use PowerShell to modify SndVol.exe to max sound volume such as the picture as attached. [img] 167181
  6. How do you make column width stay wide for folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you make column width stay wide for folders: When I go to Music and click on an album folder, I notice that the name column is too narrow to fit the title of the song, so I make the width wider, but I notice that it doesn't stay, because when I go to another album folder I see the same narrow width. 166286
  7. How to set a default column width in windows explorer?

How to set a default column width in windows explorer?: Every time I open a folder, the Name column is too narrow and all contents display as "Part of the filenam...". This means navigating through a directory I have to: open > resize > open > resize > open > resize...I would like to set a default column width that is large, say...
  8. Auto resize column widths in Windows?

Auto resize column widths in Windows?: I know that if I open a folder in W10 there are numer****umn bar, Ctrl +, etc Is there any way of setting this as a default, s****ze when a folder is opened?...
  9. Replace Date column with Date Modified

in Windows 10 Support
    Replace Date column with Date Modified: I have a vague recollection that I may have asked this before and sorry if that’s the case, but I can find no trace. i simply want to ensure that when I open either an Explorer folder or an Open or Save As browse window then instead of a column called Date I get Date...
  10. modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Support
    modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps: Modified the cursor width in settings to be more visible, but it doesn't affect the cursors in non-Microsoft apps. Is there anything can done to make the selection universal? 135355