Windows 10: How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?

Discus and support How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear forum members, The system is a Dutch Windows 10 Pro. That sometimes makes following English procedures more difficult. The folder I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FrankTavernier, Sep 27, 2020.

1. How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?

Dear forum members,

The system is a Dutch Windows 10 Pro. That sometimes makes following English procedures more difficult.

The folder I would like to change stuff in is F:\WindowsApps.

It is the location where Microsoft Store installed the game Age of Empires DE.

I have first made myself owner of that folder and then made everyone owner of that folder. How to change ownership of some of the files inside, I don't know. Apparrently I don't have the permission to change permissions.

I have tried following the advice that seems relevant in the thread social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/4ff54a55-2fab-4ba9-b6b4-6315579640cc/unable-to-change-permissions-or-take-ownership-of-files-or-directories-as-administrator, except that I haven't tried third party software.

Can anyone explain how I can do stuff with the files inside that folder or pershaps install the game in a less inconvenient location ?

:)

FrankTavernier, Sep 27, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

I can't modify game files inside WindowsApps

Hi Coquie13

Are you able to get inside the WIndowsApps folder and access the game folder you want to modify or are you stuck changing permissions on the WindowsApps folder?

DaveM121, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Coquie13 Win User

I am able, I have full control over WindowsApps, I can go to the files I want to modify or delete inside the game folder (Football Manager 2020 in this case) but it doesn't let me.

Coquie13, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Coquie13 Win User

How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?

I have a game I want to mod, that is found inside WindowsApps. I've taken every step to make sure I own the folder but I can't do the same to all the child folders with the games.

I own those games, this permissions system it's so infuriating.

Coquie13, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ?

1. How to modify files inside WindowsApps folder ? - Similar Threads - modify files inside

2. I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot edit a specific folder inside of WindowsApps folder.: Recently I have been trying to add mods to a game called No Mans Sky, but to do that you need to delete a specific txt file in side of the game data file. It doesn't let me delete no matter what I do, I have tried taking owner ship of the file but it does not allow me. The...
  3. How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?: Hey, I just noticed that I have two new folders on my hard drive one is called ''WindowsApps'' the other ''Program Files''. I have no permissions to read or delete them, even tho I'm the administrator. They seem to be system folders. Does anyone have an idea how to remove...
  4. Modifying WindowsApps Folder ox Ext Drive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modifying WindowsApps Folder ox Ext Drive: Hi. I've been battling for hours to get read/write access to my WindowsApps folder on an external drive. I need to run a patch for RE7 from the root directory to get it to work on my PC but the permissions just won't give me access. I've got visibility of the folders and...
  5. Windows 10 - Modifiable WindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Modifiable WindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission: Path: F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps Effect: It disable the inheritance of the entire 'Program Files' folder and sub folders, virtually locking me out of any modification (creating new files/folder ...) Methods I've tried: 1st Method: I tried using the 'Take...
  6. I can't modify game files inside WindowsApps

I can't modify game files inside WindowsApps: I have a game I want to mod, that is found inside WindowsApps. I've taken every step to make sure I own the folder but I can't do the same to all the child folders with the games. I own those games, this permissions system it's so infuriating....
  7. How to move files to Windowsapps folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move files to Windowsapps folder?: My friend gave his hard drive where is alot of xbox game pass games. my internet is so bad it takes days to download 1 decent game. when i try to move a folder to my windowsapps, it gives "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here". Why did microsoft have...
  8. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?: I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have...
  9. How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?

How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?: Hi guys! Like the Subject says "How to I list folders and files inside the WindowsApps folder WITHOUT taking ownership?" Because every single time I've taken ownership of WindowsApps it breaks something. But I have to get the path to my games installed there....
  10. How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?: I made a new WindowsApps folder in D:\ and took over the ownership with "Take ownership context menu" hack from this Article. I'm able to see the files inside but unable to write. I only have one game inside the D:\WindowsApps folder called World of Tanks Blitz so it's not...