Windows 10: How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell

Discus and support How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]A Registry entry can be easily modified using Registry Editor. However, in a case […] This article How to modify Registry values using Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 20, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell

WinClub, Feb 20, 2021

2. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry

Hi SusanHout1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows installed on your computer?
    • Have you logged into the computer with the admin account?
    • When do you get this error message?

I have reviewed the information provided by you and I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue, I realize how frustrating these things can be. We at Microsoft prioritize our customer’s satisfaction. Keeping that
    in mind, I will suggest you the steps which might take care of this issue.

I would suggest you to run the scan on the computer using Windows defender. To do so, follow the Microsoft article on
    Help protect my PC with Windows Defender Offline.
    Once the scan is done, check if the issue is fixed or help us with the error message.

To turn off controlled access on Windows 10, follow the steps mentioned in the article
    Allow a blocked app in Windows Security.

To fix the
    PowerShell 1 ExecutionPolicy, I suggest you to follow these steps.

Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry
    before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer Microsoft article on How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Regedit and hit enter.
    3. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\ShellIds\Microsoft.PowerShell
    4. In the right pane, right click on the empty area and select New > select DWORD (32-BIT VALUE).
    5. Type: ExecutionPolicy
    6. Set the string value ExecutionPolicy to one of the following values:
      Restricted, AllSigned, RemoteSigned, Unrestricted, Undefined.

How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell 75b60ff9-d483-4190-8962-efd4e86269ba?upload=true.png

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 20, 2021
  4. How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell

socket exceptionHow to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell :please try to modify registry values

I am getting Error "socket exceptionHow to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell :please try to modify registry values" hot fix this.

kantharajaHS, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell

1. How to modify Registry values using Windows PowerShell - Similar Threads - modify Registry values

2. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  3. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  4. Get-WinHomeLocation and Write a registry string value to a specified location using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get-WinHomeLocation and Write a registry string value to a specified location using PowerShell: Hi,im trying to detect the current windows home location and write a new string value in the Registry for a specified location using a Power Shell Script. Scenario is as below1. i use Get-WinHomeLocation to get the result and result will be below GeoId HomeLocation -----...
  5. Get-WinHomeLocation and Write a registry string value to a specified location using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get-WinHomeLocation and Write a registry string value to a specified location using PowerShell: Hi,im trying to detect the current windows home location and write a new string value in the Registry for a specified location using a Power Shell Script. Scenario is as below1. i use Get-WinHomeLocation to get the result and result will be below GeoId HomeLocation -----...
  6. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  7. How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?: Hi, everyone I hope to use PowerShell command code to modify speaker sound volume to maximum. Do anyone know the command code? Thanks a lot. Note: I hope to use PowerShell to modify SndVol.exe to max sound volume such as the picture as attached. [img] 167181
  8. How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?: Hi, everyone I hope to use PowerShell command code to modify speaker sound volume to maximum. Do anyone know the command code? Thanks a lot. Note: I hope to use PowerShell to modify SndVol.exe to max sound volume such as the picture as attached. [img] 167181
  9. socket exception: please try to modify registry values

socket exception: please try to modify registry values: Hello everybody, i get this error message: "socket exception: please try to modify registry values" - this only occurs when I try to open a specific program, Gravotech 8.0.0.0 software for CNC-engraving. I already tried the following: 1 I ran the following commands...
  10. socket exception:please try to modify registry values

socket exception:please try to modify registry values: I have a problem, ask for help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/socket-exceptionplease-try-to-modify-registry/643ee20e-3afd-4f5f-ab31-c4092f32d6b7