Windows 10: How to Modify System User Name

Discus and support How to Modify System User Name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to install a simulator, but my system user name is Chinese characters, I need to change it to English characters, what should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 建宇马, Jun 8, 2019.

1. 建宇马 Win User

How to Modify System User Name

I need to install a simulator, but my system user name is Chinese characters, I need to change it to English characters, what should I do?

:)

建宇马, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 8, 2019
  3. ID or user name modify

Hi Will,

You can easily change your Microsoft Account Username by following the steps below:

• Open the Start Menu.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Your Account.
    You will now see the Manage my Microsoft account link. Click on it to be routed to your Microsoft account home page. You may be asked to log in again.

Under Hello, there should be an "Edit name" against your current profile name:

• Click "Edit name".
    • Write the new name you want.
    • Click Save.
    Note: This will be the same name that will be used when you send emails using this new ID. And when you restart your computer, your new name will be displayed.

IMPORTANT: Changing your Microsoft Account username is not the same as changing your Microsoft Account name. The latter is not possible. Changing the account name would mean creating a new account.

Let us know how these turned out for you.

Joanna 777, Jun 8, 2019
  4. How to Modify System User Name

Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

How to Modify System User Name

1. How to Modify System User Name - Similar Threads - Modify System User

2. How to restore Users/User name to original name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Users/User name to original name?: Hei, I renamed my Users/User folder as I didn't like the nameI simply saw a method where I had to look for my user name on the search bar and the option for renaming it would be available. But I can see that windows still see that folder path with the old user name, so it may...
  3. How to restore Users/User name to original name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Users/User name to original name?: Hei, I renamed my Users/User folder as I didn't like the nameI simply saw a method where I had to look for my user name on the search bar and the option for renaming it would be available. But I can see that windows still see that folder path with the old user name, so it may...
  4. Modify account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify account name: Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had...
  5. Modify account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modify account name: Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had...
  6. Modifying User name from Chinese to English.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modifying User name from Chinese to English.: I need to install a simulator, but my system user name is Chinese characters, I need to change it to English characters, what should I do? ***Modified Title from: How to Modify System User name***...
  7. Modifying system files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modifying system files: In 7, I was able to remove the Ease Of Access & Shut Down buttons from the Logon screen by editing the authui.dll file. Change the Welcome & Shutting Down text by editing the winlogon.exe.mui & wininit.exe.mui files. Remove the Get Help button from Windows Explorer by editing...
  8. Modify user account name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify user account name: Sadly I need to rename my Win 10 user account as a character used in it clashes with a software program. The problem is new to this product version as I have used earlier versions since 2012. How do I go about this since the folder name doesn't change with the user name. I...
  9. Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name: Annoying detail on my Windows 10 PC. I have a System Name: AL-OFFICE-FLORI and a user name of AL-OFFICE-FLORI/agude as displayed on the System Information page. On the System Properties page, the PC Name is Al-Office-Florida. I sure would like to end up with a System Name...
  10. Need to Modify Network Names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to Modify Network Names: Hello. I'm here about the age-old issue of network names getting a "#2" or "#3" appended to their names. For instance, I have a hotspot device called "Hotspot". I just bought a new one today and I want to name it "Hotspot" as well -- but Windows is a clever beast, and it...