Windows 10: How to monitor my files in the computer is being transferred to an external drive as backup?

Discus and support How to monitor my files in the computer is being transferred to an external drive as backup? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can i monitor my files in the computer is being transferred to an external drive. Is there a way that i can monitor the progress? How do i know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Apolonio Bueno, Sep 16, 2020.

1. How to monitor my files in the computer is being transferred to an external drive as backup?

How can i monitor my files in the computer is being transferred to an external drive. Is there a way that i can monitor the progress? How do i know the progress is on going? The indicator i see on the screen is 'cancel". I don't see any sign of progress going on....

I just press the backup bottom and that's it. I don't see anything of progress going on the screen.

:)

Apolonio Bueno, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

External media drive not offered for backup

We understand that you want to back up your files on your DVD. At this point, we suggest that you try these steps so you can create a backup of it:

• Open the folder that contains the files that you want to back up.
    • Select the files to be moved on the DVD disc inserted.
    • Click Share on the tab section of the window.
    • Click Burn to disc to transfer it to the DVD disc.

In case these steps didn't work, kindly consult your manufacturer so they could recommend a software compatible for your computer to burn your files on your DVD.

Regards.

Jaune Bel, Sep 16, 2020
  3. smee Win User
    Hard Drive / External Drive + Backups Configuration?

Hey all,

So I'm thinking of changing around my hard drive configuration on my main comp.

At the moment I've got:
    1 Internal 500GB (OS, programs, file storage)
    2 External 500GB (not really doing much)
    1 External 320GB (for my Lightroom photo library)

What I'd like to do, is ditch the 320gb photo drive (its a 2.5").
    I'd use one external 500GB for Video files, the other 500GB for Photo files.
    Then I'd want two more to backup those files, and have them backed up on our NAS Server.

I'd also have an external 1-2TB drive for OS hard drive backups and such, but thats not part of what I'm going to ask.

So my question for you guys is this:
    Should my 500GB Video and 500GB Photo drives be internal? Or External?
    If I put them inside the computer, will I get faster speeds?
    If they're external, is eSATA/USB 2.0 going to be sufficient for Video editing? (Using full HD video files, editing in Adobe Premiere Pro)

Either way I will have two backup drives (one for video, one for photo) and they'll both be backed up on the server.

So, to have 4 External drives or to have 2 internal and 2 external? That is the question.
    What are the benefits of having them internal? What about having them external?

For me, being able to bring my Photo or Video drive with me isn't really a big deal, I probably will never do it. If I would need to though, I could just take one of the external backups.

Also, second question. What kind of backup software do you recommend that would basically make a complete clone of my HD's?

Does any of this make sense?
    Any help is appreciated. *Big Grin How to monitor my files in the computer is being transferred to an external drive as backup? :D
    ~Smee

4. Rhen Pal Win User

How to monitor my files in the computer is being transferred to an external drive as backup?

Windows 10-Reconnect your drive...No longer able to use original USB HDD for File History backups

Perform these steps to enable backup:

• Connect an external hard drive to your computer.
    • Next, open the Settings app from your Start Menu.
    • Navigate to Update & Security > Backup.
    • Click or tap the “Add a drive” option under Back up using File History to add an external drive that File History will back up to.
    It’ll list external drives and give you the option to back up to them.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

How to monitor my files in the computer is being transferred to an external drive as backup?

1. How to monitor my files in the computer is being transferred to an external drive as backup? - Similar Threads - monitor files computer

2. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  3. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  4. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  5. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  6. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I backup my computer to external hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I backup my computer to external hard drive: How do I backup my computer to external hard drive including computer image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-my-computer-to-external-hard-drive/de589aba-36a7-4585-95d9-f5aea3278093
  8. unable to transfer files to my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to transfer files to my external hard drive: Hi, i have a toshiba canvio basics 1tb external hard drive and i have problems in transferring files from my pc to it. It's format is exfat. When i transfer files, it always freezes in 0% copying. When I tried to transfer files from hdd to pc, it work okay. I don't know...
  9. Backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup to external drive: In the Backup section of settings, I click "backup now" and it doesn't back up. I have requested daily backups but my last one was 1 month ago. I am attempting to back up to an external drive. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History: Backup Multiple Computers to One External Drive?: Hi, I'd like to use the same usb drive to backup multiple computers. They have the same user id, so I was wondering if the backups would be kept in different directories. Please let me know exactly how multiple computer/users/ etc. are stored with File History. (and if...