Windows 10: How to monitor which app in affecting Registry .

Discus and support How to monitor which app in affecting Registry . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So as the title says , I have this weird issue , every time I start / restart the windows the powershell gets a disallow run key in registry . Firstly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SaberH, Nov 17, 2018.

1. SaberH Win User

How to monitor which app in affecting Registry .

So as the title says , I have this weird issue , every time I start / restart the windows the powershell gets a disallow run key in registry .

Firstly I thought it's because of ExecutionPolicy but I set it to unrestricted and it doesn't change when I restart while when I delete the disallow run key from registry it appear with each re/start , so is there any app/method I can use to determine which app is writing registry ? I mean if I create another user it seems to be fine , so It must be an app on this user .

Thanks in advance *Biggrin

:)

SaberH, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

Removing app from Windows registry

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue specific to a particular app?
    • What other steps have you tried before the registry step in order to uninstall that app?

Please reply to the questions in order to assist you in a better way.

Jessen P, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Kamala Win User

How to monitor/log registry usage?

I'd strongly suggest Sysinternals portable freeware apps..
    SysInternals Process Monitor can monitor running application activity in real-time, it's more than your average windows file/registry activity snooper, and very well documented aswell.
    Incase you are looking to find information on apps with some 3rd party protection, many protections are aware of Process Monitor,, *Wink
    On Mitec site you find a lot of interesting stuff for security and activity logging..

Personally, I use Total Uninstall Professional by Martau, which is shareware application, it's probably the best application installation tracer I have ever used, and you can export all registry/file changes made by an application installation.
    Actually, it seems Martau has instructions on doing what you're looking for, with Total Uninstall ...
    There exists some very old freeware version of Total Uninstall, you can find it on raymond.cc -blog along with a list of other similar applications.
    Hope this helps. How to monitor which app in affecting Registry . :)

Kamala, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How to monitor which app in affecting Registry . - Similar Threads - monitor app affecting

2. Which registry cleaner to use ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which registry cleaner to use ?: So I had Mass Effect + Dead Space + Battlefield 3 installed through Origin... I uninstalled Origin before uninstalling the games first.... People say I should have uninstalled the games through Origin first. Because If I don't there will be registry left overs... So I want...
  3. Some program is changing a value in my registry. Is there a way to monitor which?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some program is changing a value in my registry. Is there a way to monitor which?: One program always adds a key to "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" to not show thumbs on network drives. I deleted it already a couple of times but after 2 weeks or so it shows up again. First I thought it was maybe...
  4. see which apps are affecting your battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    see which apps are affecting your battery life: hi, I like to ask about see which apps are affecting your battery life under settings. When it says show: apps with usage. Microsoft Edge was at 67% from my screenshot. But now, it is up to 68%. I am using Edge right now. Is it because I am using Edge, so that it went from...
  5. Monitor Temperature > Which App ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Temperature > Which App ?: Is this a safe app to download ? https://openhardwaremonitor.org/ 129165
  6. Monitor Temperature > Which App ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Temperature > Which App ?: Is this a safe app to download ? https://openhardwaremonitor.org/ 129165
  7. How to monitor/log registry usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to monitor/log registry usage?: Hi TL/DR: I'm looking for a tool that will monitor a program's use of the registry, so that I can mirror these entries to a registry on a different drive. I have upgraded to a larger SSD. As the Samsung Migration tool did not work (SSD source drive is a dynamic drive) so I...
  8. Which Registry Cleaner to Use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Registry Cleaner to Use?: I have Windows 10 on a laptop that is now one year old. I use CCleaner and several malware removal programs. Each has the option to remove registry entries. I have taken the approach not to remove registry entries that they identify. I want to be sure it won't harm the...
  9. Which Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Monitor: https://www.amazon.com/LG-32MA68HY-...rs&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin:3547808011 https://www.amazon.com/LG-32MP58HQ-...rs&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin:3547808011 I think any monitor will support Windows 10? If I ever want to use this monitor in the future I should...
  10. Which Monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Monitor?: Since issue #4993 I can say it's annoyed me so much that I'm tempted to buy a new monitor. - I was already tempted but I wasn't ever able to get it down to one particular. Notes: -Needs to be good from a far away distance (Up to about 6ft) -Needs to be reliable...