Windows 10: How to Monitor which Windows Updates are being downloaded & Installed

Discus and support How to Monitor which Windows Updates are being downloaded & Installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Due to several failed installation of Updates for Device Drivers I have implemented the suggestions of Brink & turned them off . I have also downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by layman, Aug 23, 2015.

1. layman Win User

How to Monitor which Windows Updates are being downloaded & Installed

Due to several failed installation of Updates for Device Drivers I have implemented the suggestions of Brink & turned them off . I have also downloaded the tool "wushowhide.diagcab" to hide Unwanted Updates. So at present I am interested in downloading & installing only "Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 & for Windows Defender". How do I monitor the progress of Downloading & Installation of the selected Updates?

:)

layman, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

How to monitor what updates are being downloaded by Windows? And how to stop them, if needed?

Hi,

To know more about Windows Updates, check this
    link

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Aug 23, 2015
  3. How to monitor what updates are being downloaded by Windows? And how to stop them, if needed?

I am usually on a slow Ethernet connection at my home and would like if windows updates didn't take up all the bandwidth that I could use for my work.

I am really annoyed by the continuous updates going on all throughout the day, not allowing me to do my work over the internet. I also don't have any regulation about what is being installed or how much priority is being given to it. Also, there's no option
    to set up metered connection options for Ethernet connections.

It would be good if the update procedures could be limited to some free hours when I can leave the PC just for updating.

Also the updates don't work on the proxy connections at my college even though they work for other PCs using the same version of Win10 as me with the same network configurations. How do I set it up to update during the free hours at college?

AnshumanSabath, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

How to Monitor which Windows Updates are being downloaded & Installed

1. How to Monitor which Windows Updates are being downloaded & Installed - Similar Threads - Monitor Updates are

2. How to fix windows update blank screen and not being able to download or install anything...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix windows update blank screen and not being able to download or install anything...: So like 6 months ago, my windows update started to not work. When i went to it, it just had a blank screen and after like 3 minutes or so it says "Something went wrong. Try opening Settings again later." I didnt think much of it but 6 months later i realized that theres a...
  3. How to fix windows update blank screen and not being able to download or install anything...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix windows update blank screen and not being able to download or install anything...: So like 6 months ago, my windows update started to not work. When i went to it, it just had a blank screen and after like 3 minutes or so it says "Something went wrong. Try opening Settings again later." I didnt think much of it but 6 months later i realized that theres a...
  4. Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed: There have been several sets of Windows Updates lately that are causing issues with the functionality of some point of sales software that I provide support for, this software is called Micros RES 3700. I will spare you the specifics, in short, these updates are making...
  5. Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed

Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed: There have been several sets of Windows Updates lately that are causing issues with the functionality of some point of sales software that I provide support for, this software is called Micros RES 3700. I will spare you the specifics, in short, these updates are making...
  6. Blocking specific Windows Updates from being downloaded/installed

7. How to know which file to download and install for .net update ?

How to know which file to download and install for .net update ?: Hi,I would like to get help on how to figure which file to download and install for .NET updates:1. Windows Update states that this has to be updated size 63MB:KB5017915 63MB 2022-09 .NET 6.0.9 Security Update for x64 Client KB50179152. The KB on Microsoft Update Catalog...
  8. How to know which file to download and install for .net update ?

How to know which file to download and install for .net update ?: Hi,I would like to get help on how to figure which file to download and install for .NET updates:1. Windows Update states that this has to be updated size 63MB:KB5017915 63MB 2022-09 .NET 6.0.9 Security Update for x64 Client KB50179152. The KB on Microsoft Update Catalog...
  9. How to know which file to download and install for .net update ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Which program a monitor will install to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which program a monitor will install to: So when a programs is installed, it would make a shortcut to a certain monitor. Is there a way to change this so ally programs will go to a certain monitor without making it the main display? submitted by /u/DarDar33 [link] [comments]...