Windows 10: How to MOST easily access files owned by different Users in Windows 10 File Explorer

Discus and support How to MOST easily access files owned by different Users in Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a comment, then a question. Comment: Back when I had Win 7, and still now with Win 10, my understanding is/was that a USER account MUST be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by msinport, Dec 13, 2018.

1. msinport Win User

How to MOST easily access files owned by different Users in Windows 10 File Explorer

I have a comment, then a question.

Comment: Back when I had Win 7, and still now with Win 10, my understanding is/was that a USER account MUST be created in order to share files between computers in a household WORKGROUP. So, for example, if I have files stored locally on the desktop computer in my basement office, say, certain Documents or a huge Music collection...and I want to access them from my laptop in the bedroom, I must create a WORKGROUP, and each computer in the group must have a USER account on it that is given access to the Workgroup. Maybe I'm wrong, but that was my understanding.

Question: If the above is correct, how do I overcome the nuisance this creates in File Explorer, whereby to access any of my USER documents on whatever computer I happen to be using, I have to navigate to Local Disk (CHow to MOST easily access files owned by different Users in Windows 10 File Explorer :), then "Users", then My Name, then Documents, rather than just going to This PC, Documents which is readily, easily, VISIBLY accessible on the left-hand side of the Explorer window as soon as it's opened?

It seems like an unnecessarily onerous DIGGING/DRILLING task. Is there some way to make a User/Document folder easier to get to?

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

msinport, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2018
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Dec 13, 2018
  4. How to MOST easily access files owned by different Users in Windows 10 File Explorer

File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

How to MOST easily access files owned by different Users in Windows 10 File Explorer

1. How to MOST easily access files owned by different Users in Windows 10 File Explorer - Similar Threads - easily access files

2. Tagging your own files in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tagging your own files in Windows Explorer: Windows 10 - When using Explorer, I can add columns to the view and some will say Category, Flag Color, Tags, etc. But there is no obvious way to mark these to facilitate searching and sorting. For example, Using Flag Color - Can I assign colors for files of different...
  3. File explorer Windows 10 crashing. Can't access files.

File explorer Windows 10 crashing. Can't access files.: File explorer in Windows 10 keeps crashing when a folder is clicked or right-clicked. Started April 6, after a restart due to a laptop hang. The restart was weird, it took 10-15mins before the log-in screen appeared...then I started noticing File Explorer acting up. No...
  4. file explorer in different language

file explorer in different language: In file explorer the icon of the folder in the upper left is not in English. It is in the language of the other user on the computer. I have redownloaded the English language pack,but it does not change the icon file language. Everything else is in English. How do I fix this?...
  5. Reg file to easily change most Windows icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reg file to easily change most Windows icons.: I like to customize the look of my PC, because I look at it more than anything else. Back in the Win 7 era, I learned the Registry hacks required to change things like drive, folder, and file icons. (Part of the knowledge might be from this site.) However, I hate how long...
  6. Windows 10: How to access a file share as a different user than the local user?

Windows 10: How to access a file share as a different user than the local user?: I have a Windows 7 PC. Let's name it server. A share on server can be accessed as user A. I also have a Windows 10 PC, named client. I am logged on to clientas user B and want to access user A's share on server. On Windows 7 and earlier clients, I can provide user A's...
  7. user names in Windows 10 file explorer different than login user account

user names in Windows 10 file explorer different than login user account: I cannot figure out why the user name in Windows 10 file explorer under drive c:\Users is different than the user account name displayed when logging into one of my user account. For example, in file explorer, the administrative account under c:\users is "Kenneth" . When I...
  8. Easy Guide: How to Move Files to Different Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10

Easy Guide: How to Move Files to Different Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10: File Explorer in Windows 10 lets you organize your files in different ways, but you can also move your files to a different location, whether that is for archiving or backup purposes. For the purposes of this article, I will be organize a group of MP3 files, but the same...
  9. Different File Explorer version?

Different File Explorer version?: My laptop's File Explorer changed to what seems to be a different version of the program: [ATTACH] Without turning dark theme on, only ones with a sharp eye could see how the title bar design is different than the usual one. This version also has issues displaying dark...
  10. Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...: File Explorer started opening on its own. It will be there when I 'wake up' the PC then randomly open a few times during the day. The last update was 11/15/18 which is about when this started. Are others experiencing this? Solutions?...