Windows 10: How to move a display device in Explorer

Discus and support How to move a display device in Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I connect my mobile to my machine, the Explorer displays it at the top of This PC (see bellow image). Is it possible to move it all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coukou, Aug 12, 2019.

1. coukou Win User

How to move a display device in Explorer

Hello,
    When I connect my mobile to my machine, the Explorer displays it at the top of This PC (see bellow image).
    Is it possible to move it all the way down? If so, How to?
    Regards

How to move a display device in Explorer [​IMG]

:)

coukou, Aug 12, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 12, 2019
  3. "we are unable to display this view" message from tab in Internet explorer 11

Hi Thomas,

As there is no Open Button in the error display Window, I suggest you to click on the Right Arrow button in the bottom left corner and check if it helps or displays the full error message.

I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • Click on “Internet Explorer Performance” and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

FILE EXPLORER CRASHING 'ONLY' WHEN CONNECTED THROUGH WIDI (WIRELESS DISPLAY) - WINDOWS 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• Do you get any error message?
    The issue you are facing may be due to the system file is corrupt. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1: I suggest you to connect the WIDI (WIRELESS DISPLAY) and Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue persist follow next Method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to reset the Windows explorer. Please follow the steps:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and locate for
      Windows Explorer.

• Right click on the Windows Explorer and click on
      End task.

• On top of the Task Manager click on
      File
      and click on Run new task.

• Type explorer.exe inside the box and hit
      Enter.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to move a display device in Explorer - Similar Threads - move display device

2. How to move the taskbar to the top of the display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar to the top of the display: Why is it not possible to move the task bar on the top of the display? I read to change the registry setting FE to 01, but unfortunately after a restart of the explorer it is changed back to 03 and it stay at the bottom of it. I work with a taskbar on the top since... forever...
  3. How to move the taskbar to the top of the display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move the taskbar to the top of the display: Why is it not possible to move the task bar on the top of the display? I read to change the registry setting FE to 01, but unfortunately after a restart of the explorer it is changed back to 03 and it stay at the bottom of it. I work with a taskbar on the top since... forever...
  4. File explorer has stopped displaying devices on the network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer has stopped displaying devices on the network.: Just recently I can no longer see my NAS drive or my own computer under Network in file explorer. Have tried various fixes to no avail. Can anyone please help....
  5. How to display file count in a column in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display file count in a column in explorer: Hi everyone, Is there a way to display how many files are in a folder in details layout explorer window? submitted by /u/NewsFromHell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grn5xj/how_to_display_file_count_in_a_column_in_explorer/
  6. Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer: Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 19362.418) Update today at 10:30 AM Phoenix After update some hardware are not displaying in File Explorer. Device Manager [img] File Explorer [img] The CD\DVD Drive is not showing and not all of the hard drives are showing. What can I do...
  7. Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer: Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 19362.418) Update today at 10:30 AM Phoenix After update some hardware are not displaying in File Explorer. Device Manager [img] File Explorer [img] The CD\DVD Drive is not showing and not all of the hard drives are showing. What can I do...
  8. How to move a display device in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to move a display device in Explorer: Hello, When I connect my mobile to my machine, the Explorer displays it at the top of This PC (see bellow image). Is it possible to move it all the way down? If so, How to? Regards [img] 138367
  9. moved pixels on display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moved pixels on display: Hi, I installed recently w10 on my PC and since I made the change I have this problem all the time. It's really annoying and I don't know how to fix it or even how to reach this issue in the internet because I don't even know how to name it. Check the image to see what I...
  10. Moving Files to Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Files to Explorer: I've always moved files from Windows Live Mail by dragging them into Explorer, now I get this message, also happened trying to move files from my phone (android) [img] 116223