Windows 10: How to move an app from a user to another one

Discus and support How to move an app from a user to another one in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I created a new user for me on the same laptop my mom uses. I play Township (a game app) on her user and I want to transfer it to my personal user.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Retrograde-Motion, Feb 3, 2020.

1. How to move an app from a user to another one

Hi, I created a new user for me on the same laptop my mom uses. I play Township (a game app) on her user and I want to transfer it to my personal user. Any idea how to do it?

submitted by /u/Retrograde-Motion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Retrograde-Motion, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 3, 2020
  4. How to move an app from a user to another one

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

How to move an app from a user to another one

1. How to move an app from a user to another one - Similar Threads - move app user

2. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  3. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  4. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How To Move All Data Including Apps and files From One User To Another User In The Same PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Move All Data Including Apps and files From One User To Another User In The Same PC?: How can I move all data from one user to another user in the same pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-all-data-including-apps-and-files-from/d9214152-6981-417c-9cc8-0eac164902f5
  6. How to move programs from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move programs from one PC to another: Hi All, IT newb here. I have two identical hardware-wise PCs that I need to setup for two people. I've setup all the programs in Computer A. My question is, what would be the best way to transfer all the programs/settings from Computer A to Computer B without losing...
  7. How to move data from one user account to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move data from one user account to another?: How do I move all the programs and files from one user to another user on the same system? submitted by /u/samerium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijpcft/how_to_move_data_from_one_user_account_to_another/
  8. Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?: Does anyone know whether it is possible to move (or copy) folders from C:\User\AppData\Roaming to another User profile/account? 101239
  9. How to move a metro app from one PC to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move a metro app from one PC to another?: Hi, I'm trying to move a metro app from my old Windows 8.1 PC to my new Windows 10 PC. Before you say 'Just re-download it' I should point out that, for some reason, MS have not only pulled it from the store but it also doesn't appear on my list of apps that are available...
  10. How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop apps from moving from one monitor to another upon monitors: I have two monitors. One uses dual DVI cable and one uses DisplayPort. When the monitors wake up after a sleep, the apps on the DVI monitor move to the DisplayPort monitor. This probably has to do with the difference when Windows senses which monitor is active first. Is...