Windows 10: How to move app icon from taskbar to tray

Discus and support How to move app icon from taskbar to tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for some way to move icon of any app currently working from the taskbar to tray, like for example Skype (with the new version from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by maxiu, Aug 11, 2016.

1. maxiu Win User

How to move app icon from taskbar to tray

Hi, I'm looking for some way to move icon of any app currently working from the taskbar to tray, like for example Skype (with the new version from Windows Store that feature has been removed) or some other programs that just run in the background doing their thing and I don't need to see their icons but I want to keep them on my screen. All the programs I've found so far work in the same way, they put the app in the tray when I minimize it but I want to keep it visible on my screen yet not on my taskbar - is that possible?

:)

maxiu, Aug 11, 2016
  2. KateRL Win User

Move icon from system tray to taskbar permanently

If I move an icon from the system tray and pin it to the taskbar it reverts to system tray next time I log in. How do I move it to the taskbar permanently? I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks

Kate

KateRL, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Move icon from system tray to taskbar permanently

Icons you want to pin to the Taskbar, should be performed from Start > All apps

Select an app, right click it, click More > Pin to Taskbar

If you want apps in the system tray to always be displayed..

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Scroll down to Notification area

Click Turn system icons on or off

Toggle on that icon

or

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Scroll down to Notification area

Click Select which icons appear on the taskbar

Toggle on that icon

Andre Da Costa, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

No.

You would have to assign each app, that you don't want to see, (or identify), on the taskbar, a 'blank' icon.

How to move app icon from taskbar to tray [​IMG]

Probably the best solution would be to use 'Virtual Desktops' and move the app, you don't want to see, to another desktop:

... with the following settings in place:

Edwin, Aug 11, 2016
  5. maxiu Win User
    Thanks guys I'll check it out. I don't really need virtual desktops I already have 3 monitors, that's why when I have many things open my taskbar is pretty crowded. Binding apps to their respective taskbars instead of all of them is pretty good too.

maxiu, Aug 11, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Moo0 Window Menu plus (free).

Rt click title bar: note iconise option.
    Disappears from taskbar.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to move app icon from taskbar to tray - Similar Threads - move app icon

2. Taskbar Tray icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Tray icon not showing: The taskbar tray or system tray icon is gone when I updated my win 11 to beta channel build 22610.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-tray-icon-not-showing/956d00f2-dbe3-40f3-9a61-aab3ae46e37b
  3. Taskbar Tray icon not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Tray icon not showing: The taskbar tray or system tray icon is gone when I updated my win 11 to beta channel build 22610.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-tray-icon-not-showing/956d00f2-dbe3-40f3-9a61-aab3ae46e37b
  4. Taskbar tray icons not showing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar tray icons not showing.: Hi.My taskbar tray has disappeared, help could come in handy.Before the tray icons disappeared: I was just using my PC. I changed the OS name in bcdedit because i wanted to name it Windows 10 home. After I shut down and turned on my computer the name worked. It was in the...
  5. Taskbar tray icons not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar tray icons not showing.: Hi.My taskbar tray has disappeared, help could come in handy.Before the tray icons disappeared: I was just using my PC. I changed the OS name in bcdedit because i wanted to name it Windows 10 home. After I shut down and turned on my computer the name worked. It was in the...
  6. Taskbar tray icons not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...: How can I flip the taskbar like this shown in the image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-system-tray-icons-to-left-side-of/9d657933-546a-46a6-91e9-955b1e73600c
  8. how to move apps from tray to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to move apps from tray to desktop: how to move apps from tray to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-apps-from-tray-to-desktop/844a7f63-1d40-49d2-af1f-625a582dc44e
  9. Taskbar Icon Tray gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icon Tray gone: I rebooted my pc and came back to all of my icons spread out on my taskbar. I tried consulting Windows Tech Support but they didn't help and provided me a howtogeek article. I can't drag the icons on top of each other to put them in the tray, and the arrow is gone. I don't...
  10. how to clear taskbar tray icon list?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to clear taskbar tray icon list?: Windows 10 Pro 1709 How does one edit or clear this list? I executed the "portable" version of Ultimate Windows Tweaker ONE time and chose not to use it. Thank you, 116118

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move icon on taskbar to tray

2. move apps to the tray

3. how add anny app in task bar tray