Windows 10: How to move appdata/local folder?

Discus and support How to move appdata/local folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep getting file xxx used by system. I already have group policies: "Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" disabled "Add the Administrators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gendalf, Jun 5, 2019.

1. gendalf Win User

How to move appdata/local folder?

I keep getting file xxx used by system.
    I already have group policies:
    "Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" disabled
    "Add the Administrators security group to roaming user profiles." enabled
    I've already moved roaming, local low, documents (although some files & folder tree windows recreates on restart in their original local low & roaming location)

:)

gendalf, Jun 5, 2019

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Changing C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local to another folder

Hello

I'd like to change C:\Users\(myoldusername)\AppData\Local to another folder (C:\Users\\AppData\Local). How do I proceed?

MadCrazyEagle, Jun 5, 2019
  4. How to move appdata/local folder?

Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

How to move appdata/local folder?

1. How to move appdata/local folder? - Similar Threads - move appdata local

2. Restoring local Appdata

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring local Appdata: I have just accidentally deleted some of my local appdata files. I wanted to only clear the temp folder, but me being me I have somehow forgotten to go into the temp folder. Will a system restore recover deleted files?...
  3. Access to Local AppData

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Local AppData: In short, I've developed an office add in that uses Local AppData folder to log (using Log4net) as well as produce dynamic dlls. Last year August I had our first incident of a user not being able to write to the AppData location. It seems to be an Access Denied issue. I...
  4. Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata: Hello i am having a very annoying issue where for some odd reason windows decided to end its relationship with the game dvr capture folder and is saving to this path "C:\Users\monst\AppData\Local\Temp" which renders the normal method of changing the folder unavailable. is...
  5. How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?: Hello everyone!... Last week, I have been trying a lot of stuff to move my files from Appdata. However creating a symbolic link is not enough. I got PC's where i could change the location just by clicking to properties(Going to Location and changing it manually), but they...
  6. Downloads Placed in AppData/Local/Temp folder

in Browsers and Email
    Downloads Placed in AppData/Local/Temp folder: Using FF 57.0.2 (64-bit) This issue started after 11-16/17. Both FF and Win 10 are set to put downloads in the Download folder. Also, about this same time, opening a new Tab in FF displays a useless screen, which is not a problem, but I wonder if this change is part of...
  7. 53gb In Adobe folder in APPDATA Roaming. Can it move or be deleted?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    53gb In Adobe folder in APPDATA Roaming. Can it move or be deleted?: Sorry if the title was bad I wasn't sure how to write the question. I have a 128 gig ssd that I mainly run my operating system from. I have been watching the space slowly run out even though I have a tb drive that I have everything installed on. I noticed my APPDATA roaming...
  8. SearchUI.exe stop working when move AppData/local

in Windows 10 Support
    SearchUI.exe stop working when move AppData/local: Hello! Months ago I moved my user folder C:\Users\<my_user_folder> to a new location using a director junction. First of all I created a new user I copied the user folder with xcopy to E:\C_DRIVE\Users\<my_user_folder> I created a directory junction with mklink /J It...
  9. Moving Appdata folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Appdata folder: I am looking to move the Appdata folder within my user file. I have tried previously to move it(changing the location of the files inside it)and it caused system hangs and a loss of the start menu. Ive also tried to do the old method of running though audit mode and that...
  10. AppData folder and other system folders muddled and moved

in Windows 10 Support
    AppData folder and other system folders muddled and moved: Hello, I've got a problem with my AppData folder and similar folders after I tried to move certain other folders. This began when I tried moving the 'Camera Roll' and 'Saved Pictures' folders from the 'Pictures' folder - after trying to delete them, they kept reappearing,...