Windows 10: How to move appdata/local folder?

Discus and support How to move appdata/local folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep getting file xxx used by system. I already have group policies: "Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" disabled "Add the Administrators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gendalf, Jun 5, 2019.

1. gendalf Win User

How to move appdata/local folder?

I keep getting file xxx used by system.
    I already have group policies:
    "Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" disabled
    "Add the Administrators security group to roaming user profiles." enabled
    I've already moved roaming, local low, documents (although some files & folder tree windows recreates on restart in their original local low & roaming location)

:)

gendalf, Jun 5, 2019

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Changing C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local to another folder

Hello

I'd like to change C:\Users\(myoldusername)\AppData\Local to another folder (C:\Users\\AppData\Local). How do I proceed?

MadCrazyEagle, Jun 5, 2019
  4. How to move appdata/local folder?

Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

How to move appdata/local folder?

1. How to move appdata/local folder? - Similar Threads - move appdata local

2. Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData: hello I found this strange folder in \AppData\Local folder and I am asking if it is safe or not it includes these 2 files and I scanned them with Malwarebytes but it didn't detect any malware, is it ok to delete these?...
  3. Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData: hello I found this strange folder in \AppData\Local folder and I am asking if it is safe or not it includes these 2 files and I scanned them with Malwarebytes but it didn't detect any malware, is it ok to delete these?...
  4. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder: Hello,So i was browsing in my temp folder and found this Folder: Picture is in belowWhen i enter this folder, it feels like in its Main C: Drive Contains:"PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, Windows" Folders.This also cant delete though.but My question is, What...
  5. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder: Hello,So i was browsing in my temp folder and found this Folder: Picture is in belowWhen i enter this folder, it feels like in its Main C: Drive Contains:"PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, Windows" Folders.This also cant delete though.but My question is, What...
  6. NLTmpMnt01 Folder in %appdata%\local\temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. "Microsoft" Folder in AppData/ Local is Missing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Microsoft" Folder in AppData/ Local is Missing.: So, for a bit I've been having an issue with Word, where it would propt the "Word Could Not Create Work File Check The Temp Enviroment Variable", and Today while trying to look up for a solution I found the next article:...
  8. What is this folder in AppData/Local?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is this folder in AppData/Local?: Edited a picture in Windows, saw this folder in AppData that just contained images of the photos app. https://imgur.com/a/mAgZyYB some search results say this is a PUP or a virus but it literally only appeared after I edited a photo...
  9. How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?: Hello everyone!... Last week, I have been trying a lot of stuff to move my files from Appdata. However creating a symbolic link is not enough. I got PC's where i could change the location just by clicking to properties(Going to Location and changing it manually), but they...
  10. Moving Appdata folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Appdata folder: I am looking to move the Appdata folder within my user file. I have tried previously to move it(changing the location of the files inside it)and it caused system hangs and a loss of the start menu. Ive also tried to do the old method of running though audit mode and that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move appdata folder