Windows 10: How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10

Discus and support How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My C drive is basically full, I want to free up space by moving C:/Users/super/AppData to my D drive which has a lot more space. What's the best way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by T S F, Aug 15, 2022.

1. T S F Win User

How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10

My C drive is basically full, I want to free up space by moving C:/Users/super/AppData to my D drive which has a lot more space. What's the best way of going about doing this? Or else if it's a bad idea, what other way could I free up space in my C drive?

:)

T S F, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 15, 2022
  4. How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10

little cat, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10

1. How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - move AppData different

2. moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.: is it possible to move my windows 10 onto another drive within my pc, my ssd drive says its full and i want to move it to a bigger drive while keeping my files intact, is that possible ?...
  3. moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.: is it possible to move my windows 10 onto another drive within my pc, my ssd drive says its full and i want to move it to a bigger drive while keeping my files intact, is that possible ?...
  4. moving windows 10 intact to a different drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10: My C drive is basically full, I want to free up space by moving C:/Users/super/AppData to my D drive which has a lot more space. What's the best way of going about doing this? Or else if it's a bad idea, what other way could I free up space in my C drive?...
  6. How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10: My C drive is basically full, I want to free up space by moving C:/Users/super/AppData to my D drive which has a lot more space. What's the best way of going about doing this? Or else if it's a bad idea, what other way could I free up space in my C drive?...
  7. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc: So, is it possible to remove a hard drive from a pc and replace it with a different hdd and install windows 10 pro with a disc and after it’s done installing, can i just remove the hdd and put it in a new pc and put the other hdd back?...
  8. Moving Windows 10 to a different drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 10 to a different drive: Hello, I just recently purchased a WD-Black M.2 Drive for my PC. I want to move Windows 10 from my HDD to my M.2 Drive so I can get better boot times.I have seen many YouTube videos on how to clone my HDD to my M.2 but I only want to move my Windows installation. Would this...
  9. Move appdata folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move appdata folder to another drive: I was wondering if it was possible to move the appdata folder to a drive different from c, since I have a small ssd and I want to free up some space. I've red that changing its path could break some programs so I wanted to know what do you think about it and if you know other...
  10. Moving AppData from drive H (different installation) destroyed AppData on C?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving AppData from drive H (different installation) destroyed AppData on C?!: I had a previous installation of Windows, that got screwed by a BIOS update, as a mirror on another drive... I kept it in order to be able to restore things that I'd still need. Now I wanted to clean up, archive those files and format the drive for further use. Despite some...