Windows 10: how to move contents of many folders to one folder?

Discus and support how to move contents of many folders to one folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to move/copy just the contents that are in many folders on winders just to one folder that is on another drive? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed, Jun 29, 2020.

1. how to move contents of many folders to one folder?

Is there any way to move/copy just the contents that are in many folders on winders just to one folder that is on another drive?

submitted by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/man_wif-waluigi-hed, Jun 29, 2020
  2. RCNorth Win User

how to print list of contents in a folder?

The Source drive is 2 TB, formatted in 2 partitions.

What I want to do is copy & paste (or move) the contents of a drive to another 1 TB drive,

to prepare for changing the size of the first partition on the Source drive.

I also want to do this a few megabytes at a time (instead of several GB) to allow for personal breaks. (instead of 23 hours)

My steps so far:

a. choose a folder or a folder within a folder, then - b.
    print the list of folders (and or files) in that selected folder.

Then,

c. choose a folder (on a different drive on the same machine), then - d.
    Print the list of contents on that drive

e. Visually compare the lists (I don't want to lose any files.)

Having found the "remaining items" on Disk one,

f. select some and copy - g. view the proper folder on Disk two - h. Paste

Repeat 1 & 2, until the partition on Disk One is empty

4. When the steps above are completed,

i Delete the partition on Disk One - j. Expand the other partition on Disk One to the whole disk

RCNorth, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Moving entire folders

You can't move a system folder. Moving the contents is easy.

• Create a sub-folder in the directory you want.
    • Open the original folder.
    • Ctrl+A will highlight all the contents of that folder.
    • Right click on it and drag to the destination folder in the left pane.
    • Release the mouse key and left click Copy Here.
    • If the move was successful, delete the contents in the original folder.

Bruce Hagen, Jun 29, 2020
  4. andrew731 Win User

how to move contents of many folders to one folder?

Software to move thousands of files from many folders to one folder

Thank you to everyone for trying to help here. As I do this realtime, I now have a 1800 folders unzipped. I need to get the JSON files out of each and placed into one folder. The issue of just moving/copying in windows explorer as mentioned above is it is incredibly tedious. I have downloaded Teracopy as suggested but not seeing a way to select all 1800 folders and just move or copy the JSON files. And if I am missing something where I can do all this batch move directly in Windows Explorer, I welcome the suggestion.

andrew731, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

how to move contents of many folders to one folder?

1. how to move contents of many folders to one folder? - Similar Threads - move contents many

2. Move many scanned documents to one folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move many scanned documents to one folder: Trying to place many scans into one folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-many-scanned-documents-to-one-folder/c0394e9c-7acc-4159-a2be-860b0156d511
  3. Move many scanned documents to one folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move many scanned documents to one folder: Trying to place many scans into one folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-many-scanned-documents-to-one-folder/c0394e9c-7acc-4159-a2be-860b0156d511
  4. Move many scanned documents to one folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The best way to move a big folder with many subfolders into another folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The best way to move a big folder with many subfolders into another folder?: Problem: I have few folder (eleven), each with several subfolders containing thousands of files. 100-300GB each. I would like to move all those folders, maintaining the structure, into a folder called "Old". How is the best way to do that, both for internal and external...
  6. Moving Images from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Images from one folder to another folder: Hi This is a process I have done for years with no difficulties, but now issues are arising. I have 2 folders which are called folder A and Folder B. In both folders there are a number of images, some which will have the same file name, ie img_2408.jpg. I open 2 windows and...
  7. Software to move thousands of files from many folders to one folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Software to move thousands of files from many folders to one folder: Hi, I am new to forum and not the most tech savvy. Here's what I need to do: I have 10 folders with 19,000 .JSON and .JPG files. Ideally, I want to select all 10 folders and just move or copy the .JSON files to one folder but not the any of the other file extensions. Is...
  8. Contents of Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...
  9. moving folders one level up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    moving folders one level up: hie, am trying to create a back up for Zotero library, am having challenges moving one level up in file directory to access the Zotero library on win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-folders-one-level-up/91e2449d-7936-428c-9b5a-375997e97c58
  10. How to move files from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move files from one folder to another folder: Everytime I get a download I unzip the folder and would like to move it to the desktop, but I always get the message cant move file cause its being used by another program, I don't have any other programs open, plus the drop and drag feature does not always work either. Some...