Windows 10: How to move "details pane" to bottom of window

Discus and support How to move "details pane" to bottom of window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Could you please post a patch for "Detail Pane" which appears on right side of Windows 10 folders. We want it to be at the bottom of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mehmet D, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Mehmet D Win User

How to move "details pane" to bottom of window

Dear Microsoft

Could you please post a patch for "Detail Pane" which appears on right side of Windows 10 folders.

We want it to be at the bottom of the folder as in windows 7

:)

Mehmet D, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 18, 2020
  3. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 18, 2020
  4. How to move "details pane" to bottom of window

Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

How to move "details pane" to bottom of window windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

How to move "details pane" to bottom of window

1. How to move "details pane" to bottom of window - Similar Threads - move details pane

2. How to change the Preview Pane details on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the Preview Pane details on Windows 11?: The "PreviewDetails" string value on the Registry Editor are not taking effect as they do on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-preview-pane-details-on-windows/4f172891-25c4-42a6-9219-c6ca4a79713d
  3. How to change the Preview Pane details on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the Preview Pane details on Windows 11?: The "PreviewDetails" string value on the Registry Editor are not taking effect as they do on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-preview-pane-details-on-windows/4f172891-25c4-42a6-9219-c6ca4a79713d
  4. How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane: As the title says I'm trying to move the quick access entry of the navigation pane to the bottom of my order but I can't find the correct registry entry to do that. No matter what order index I assign to other items on my navigation pane they never move above quick access...
  5. Move detail pane to bottom of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move detail pane to bottom of File Explorer: Hi community. I decide to have a new post about this issue. Following this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-details-pane-to-bottom-of-windows-10/6d885636-288a-4841-87a1-c1c99a2462df, I can tell there are a lot of people wanting the...
  6. How do move the reading pane to the bottom in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do move the reading pane to the bottom in Windows 10?: Is there a way to move the reading pane to the bottom view in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-move-the-reading-pane-to-the-bottom-in/f0666a1e-f8ff-4adc-acf0-9d1db62a7227
  7. How to Customize the Details Pane of a folder in Windows 10

How to Customize the Details Pane of a folder in Windows 10: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My question...
  8. move details pane to the bottom of window

move details pane to the bottom of window: hi i want to know is there any way to move move details pane to the bottom of a window? in windows 8 there were 2 application to run and then it was just like 7 are those two suitable for 10 or not? or 10 has its own application? thanks 16268
  9. Info pane - On the Bottom?

Info pane - On the Bottom?: Is it possible to move the info pane to the bottom of Explorer windows, similar to Windows 7? Seems easier to read for music files especially, rather than having long word wrapping for artist/album titles and so on. 16400
  10. Possible to display details pane on bottom?

Possible to display details pane on bottom?: is there anyway i can display my details panel on the bottom ? like it used to on win 7? because windows 10 shows it on right hand side, but it's just taking too much of the space on my screen, it's really inconvenient when you open 2 folders and snap to sides and modify...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 details pane bottom

2. move details pane to bottom 2020