Windows 10: How to move emails of Window 10 Mail app to a new computer

Discus and support How to move emails of Window 10 Mail app to a new computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I want to move my emails (of an exchange account) in Windows 10 Mail app from my current laptop to a new laptop. please suggest me to do that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mushfique Manzoor, Sep 7, 2019.

1. How to move emails of Window 10 Mail app to a new computer

Hi all, I want to move my emails (of an exchange account) in Windows 10 Mail app from my current laptop to a new laptop. please suggest me to do that. i have noticed that the folders that i created in the Windows 10 Mail app are not in the exchange mailbox!! But to the best of my knowledge, Windows 10 Mail app works on IMAP.

looking forward to your help.

:)

Mushfique Manzoor, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to move emails of Window 10 Mail app to a new computer :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Emails saved to drafts while still typing using the Windows 10 Mail APP

Hi Pat,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

• When exact this happens, while composing a new email or while replying/forwarding to emails or with both?
    • Is the issue confined with composing a new email or replying/forwarding to one particular sender or domain or with all?
    • Is that the only primary account configured in Windows 10 Mail App or it is an additional account?
    • If yes, then is that a Microsoft account? if not, then please specify.
    If that is an additional account, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Delete-an-email-account-from-Mail-and-Calendar-apps-dba65c49-648d-4d76-9f88-b7bc22a2cc3d

Please keep us updated with the status of the Windows 10 Mail App, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 7, 2019
  4. kjdawson1 Win User

How to move emails of Window 10 Mail app to a new computer

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

How to move emails of Window 10 Mail app to a new computer

1. How to move emails of Window 10 Mail app to a new computer - Similar Threads - move emails Window

2. Windows 10 Mail app doesn't show new emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail app doesn't show new emails: Hi, Windows 10's mail app has been working flawlessly for me for a very long time now, in fact it is my favorite app to check my emails, but after a recent update I noticed new emails are no longer appearing in my inbox!The only solution to get to see new emails in the app is...
  3. Windows 10 Mail app doesn't show new emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app doesn't show new emails: Hi, Windows 10's mail app has been working flawlessly for me for a very long time now, in fact it is my favorite app to check my emails, but after a recent update I noticed new emails are no longer appearing in my inbox!The only solution to get to see new emails in the app is...
  4. New computer... migrate Windows Live mail to Windows 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    New computer... migrate Windows Live mail to Windows 10 Mail app: I'm doing an upgrade on my mother in laws computer. New mainboard, etc... She was running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, upgraded in place from Windows 7 Pro 64bit. She was using Windows Live Mail as her email client. Now that we have a fresh installation of Windows 10, I find that...
  5. moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail: I cannot figure out how to move an email to folders in Windows Mail 10. These are folders that were originally created in a Gmail account and now show up under folders option. I click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the email panel, select move, and none of...
  6. Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app

Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app: Emails are vanishing when moved to folders which I created but others move to the same folders without problem. Both the missing emails contained attachments. How can I see why this is happening?...
  7. How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013: We need to move/copy the emails sent from windows 10 mail stored in the hard disk of my laptop, to Outlook 2013 installed in my laptop? I am told Windows 10 mail does not have an export email option nor an archive one Please help!!...
  8. Windows Photo App - Move to new computer

Windows Photo App - Move to new computer: Hi, How do I move all my photos including all the albums I have created with the Photo app to my new computer. I know that I just can copy all the files to the new computer but then I will miss all the albums I have created. Can I export this database information?...
  9. How to Save Email in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How to Save Email in Mail App: This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless. I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard file... as in Outlook. There is noway to create or open local folders and then use the move "action" Thanks Brian 20371
  10. Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Move Messages to Focused or Other Inbox for Outlook in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail from outlook in windows 10