Windows 10: How to move everything from Onedrive to Local Computer drive?

Discus and support How to move everything from Onedrive to Local Computer drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have onedrive disabled on my laptop but when I save stuff it still goes to the onedrive folder and it acts like my main PC hard drive (this PC).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Equation, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Equation Win User

How to move everything from Onedrive to Local Computer drive?

I have onedrive disabled on my laptop but when I save stuff it still goes to the onedrive folder and it acts like my main PC hard drive (this PC).

How to move everything from Onedrive to Local Computer drive? [​IMG]

I tried removing the files in the black square, I tried desktop first and It removed everything from my desktop. So I had to put it back in onedrive.

So, How do I put everything in this onedrive into This PC folder? so I can remove those Ondrive files.

On my other computer when I click the onedrive drop down, it shows nothing, I want it like that on this laptop.

:)

Equation, Dec 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 27, 2019
  3. andreah1 Win User
    OneDrive vs. Local drive and back up drive

It's been close to a year now that I've been wanting to organize my photos/documents to be all in one place. I've posted other questions regarding this thru the year and am finally going to take the time to get things right in the next week or so. Currently I have all my photos/documents on a local drive AND on onedrive. I back up the local drive to an external hard drive.
    This is probably (hopefully) a simple question and it's pretty much the last question I have. If I delete all the photos/documents on the local drive (as the same files are available on onedrive) and change my back up path for the external hard drive to back up the onedrive folder instead will those items in the onedrive folder be available on my external hard drive as an actual photo/document or is onedrive on my computer mearly a placeholder? I hope I make sense. I view my local files as actual physical photos, want to make sure onedrive is the same and not somewhat like a ghost image. I want to know that if microsoft's onedrive servers blew up that I could go to the "local" onedrive folder on my computer and/or the folder on my external hard drive and find the same photos/documents and be able to print them, send them, etc.
    Thanks for any help.

andreah1, Dec 27, 2019
  4. andreah1 Win User

OneDrive vs. Local drive and back up drive

I am setting it up so all files are synced between onedrive and my computer. What I'm trying to figure out is once I remove all the files that are on my c: drive (local) under users, pictures/documents and just use the onedrive folder are those the same type of file as what was locally on my c drive under users?

andreah1, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to move everything from Onedrive to Local Computer drive? - Similar Threads - move everything Onedrive

2. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  3. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  4. How to move Downloads folder from OneDrive back to local drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Downloads folder from OneDrive back to local drive?: HiI apologize for my bad english, but it's not my native language. I hope you can help me out nevertheless.When I got my new PC, the default location of my Downloads folder was C/users/username/Downloads.I thought, it would be a nice idea to move this folder to OneDrive,...
  5. How to move Downloads folder from OneDrive back to local drive?

How to move Downloads folder from OneDrive back to local drive?: HiI apologize for my bad english, but it's not my native language. I hope you can help me out nevertheless.When I got my new PC, the default location of my Downloads folder was C/users/username/Downloads.I thought, it would be a nice idea to move this folder to OneDrive,...
  6. How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?

How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?: I need to move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk. I get an error about cloudfile provider not running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-folders-and-files-from-onedrive-to-a/fc3f7653-ba18-42fb-99e4-6f399de2152d
  7. How to move OneDrive to D Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move OneDrive to D Drive?: Hi, I have Windows 10. I moved downloads and pictures to D by clicking right and going to location. There is no such option on the OneDrive folder. What is the method to move it on the D drive which is much larger and would like it there. Thank you. 181983
  8. Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local: I bought a new PC with Windows 10. It is saving all files, including user application files, to Documents in OneDrive. This is a disaster as applications produce trainloads of user files that OneDrive then dutifully attempts to upload. The Documents folder on "This PC" is...
  9. OneDrive Changes Drive Path on Local Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Changes Drive Path on Local Computer: I have no idea where my stuff is. I don't know how to safely delete things, or stop OneDrive from acting on its own. I'm confused because I can't tell whether I'm moving stuff from my computer, or from OneDrive. That's because OneDrive took the audacious liberty to rename...
  10. How do I move files from OneDrive to a local or remote drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I move files from OneDrive to a local or remote drive?: My OneDrive is almost full and I can't seem to find the option to move files out or to copy then delete. How do I fee up my OneDrive storage? 124473

Users found this page by searching for:

1. put everything from onedrive to computer