Windows 10: HOW TO MOVE EXISTING TEXT IN A PHOTO .JPEG FILE

Discus and support HOW TO MOVE EXISTING TEXT IN A PHOTO .JPEG FILE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using PAINT 3D to try and move just the text in a photo. When I create a text box around the text and drag it, it moves the text and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BE_H, Mar 25, 2020.

1. BE_H Win User

HOW TO MOVE EXISTING TEXT IN A PHOTO .JPEG FILE

I am using PAINT 3D to try and move just the text in a photo. When I create a text box around the text and drag it, it moves the text and the background as well which leaves a white box where it used to be... I haven't been able to find a way around this... Any tips / advice would be appreciated...My O/S is Windows 10 Pro / Ver 1903 thanks

:)

2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Photo - adding Text

Here's how to add text to JPEG photos in Windows 10 ... step by step ... cookbook ...

Adding text to Windows 10 Photos

Add the 'Paint' Ap to taskbar.

• Start … lower left corner.
    • All aps
    • Windows … accessories … right-click ‘Paint’ … left click ‘add to taskbar’
    • Color palette now in taskbar at bottom of desktop

Adding text to photo

• Click/open ‘Paint’ ap
    • ‘File’ … ‘Open’ … browse to select photo to adjust
    • Click and scroll-mouse to reduce size
    • ‘Home’ … click on big A to prepare for paste or typing in text.
    • Left-click on picture and drag to set text box for text. … OR … Left-click on picture to set upper-left corner, ready for text. Box will automatically re-size to the text you are about to enter.
    • Enter text … use return for next line.
    • Click-cursor over text to change “Color 1” or font size
    • Right-click and ‘paste’ … or … Control-tab and ‘V’ to paste in text taken from another source.
    • You can change size of box around text.
    • Can un-do or re-do changes.
    • DON”T click again outside the box … keep working on the text until you are absolutely satisfied. You can’t get back to this text! If you do make an irrecoverable mistake, re-open the JPEG and don’t save the bummer file when prompted.
    • ‘Save’ over over old file … OR … ‘save-as’ to uniquely save the file as ‘JPEG’
    • DONE!

Johnmuir2014, Mar 25, 2020
  4. HOW TO MOVE EXISTING TEXT IN A PHOTO .JPEG FILE

Windows 10 Photo - adding Text

The Microsoft team suggests we use the Windows 10 'PAINT' ap. This is what I found works. Very cumbersome. Very slow. Very poor solution!

Adding text to Windows 10 Photos

Add Paint Ap to taskbar.

• Start … lower left corner.
    • All aps
    • Windows … accessories … right-click ‘Paint’ … left click ‘add to taskbar’
    • Color palette now in taskbar at bottom of desktop

Adding text to photo

• Click/open ‘Paint’
    • ‘File’ … ‘Open’ … browse and select photo to adjust
    • ‘View’ … zoom out to reduce size
    • ‘Home’ … click on big A to prepare for paste or typing in text. New ‘text’ tab opens up at top of control menus.
    • Left-click on picture (but don’t drag) to set upper left corner or a text box which will automatically re-size to the text you are about to enter. Nothing happens yet … be patient.
    • Right-click and ‘paste’ … or … Control-tab and ‘V’ to paste in text taken from another source.
    • DON”T click again outside the box … keep working on the text until you are absolutely satisfied. You can’t get back to this text!
    • You can change size of box around text.
    • Can un-do or re-do changes.
    • ‘File’ … ‘save-as’ to uniquely save the file as ‘JPEG’

Johnmuir2014, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

HOW TO MOVE EXISTING TEXT IN A PHOTO .JPEG FILE

1. HOW TO MOVE EXISTING TEXT IN A PHOTO .JPEG FILE - Similar Threads - MOVE EXISTING TEXT

2. Keeping photos (jpegs) open on desktop and in file folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeping photos (jpegs) open on desktop and in file folders: When I save a Jpeg photo to my desktop or in file folders they do not show the photo. All they show is a blue coloured square with the word jpeg. In Windows 7 all my Jpegs would stay open(showing the photo) both on the desktop and in my file folders. Why can't I do this in...
  3. Photo app won't open JPEG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app won't open JPEG files: I am trying to open JPEG files in the photo app and I get an error message that this file format is not supported. How do I fix that? Same thing happens with photoviewer or photo gallery...
  4. how to save a photo as a jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to save a photo as a jpeg: I can no longer save photos to my laptop as jpegs. What's the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-a-photo-as-a-jpeg/c228e83f-3c7e-4912-82b9-cc39313bf1c6
  5. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. I can not rename a jpeg photo in File Explorer

I can not rename a jpeg photo in File Explorer: Hello! I'm doing some scanning and photo archiving. I have a bunch of pictures that I wanted to changed the name of. They are from scanned negatives and are jpeg files. When I select the file to rename I am allowed to type the new name. But when I hit enter it reverts...
  7. Saving photos jpeg

Saving photos jpeg: How do I change photos to jpeg using paint or other functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-photos-jpeg/f07d7519-cec5-43a8-9e9c-dceeb8730c0f"
  8. JPEG files -

JPEG files -: I photocopy files as JPEG files but when I come to open them in word i get a File Conversion window. This has only started in the last month or so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-files/c21b08d6-5e88-4a48-afa1-cf330adecc5c"
  9. jpeg photo file--make smaller file size to send

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    jpeg photo file--make smaller file size to send: how to make a jpeg smaller file size to post or send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/jpeg-photo-file-make-smaller-file-size-to-send/317fd74d-1352-4e5e-910a-85773a389026
  10. text files from desktop converted to .jpeg

in Windows 10 Support
    text files from desktop converted to .jpeg: All of a sudden all the folders and files (mainly text) on my desktop have disappeared. After a long search I was able to find them in C:\users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\BridgeCS4\Cache\256\Desktop6E309C78. All the files are saved as .jpg and they really are images, so...