Windows 10: how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

Discus and support how to move file folders from C drive to D drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I move folders from C drive to D drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Shover, Feb 24, 2024.

1. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

How do I move folders from C drive to D drive?

:)

James Shover, Feb 24, 2024

2. Videos Folder is now D Drive

Hi, Juan. I'm Robinson, and I’m happy to help you today.

The easiest solution is to move back your videos folder to drive C and then move to the correct folder on drive D.

Step 1: Create a new Video folder on drive C

1-Open the File Explorer

2-Click on This PC then click on Local Disk C:

3-Open the folder "Users" then open the folder with your user name

4-Right-click on an empty area and select New > Folder

5-Name the folder as "Videos" or "Videos1" and press enter to save

Step 2:Move the Videos folder back to drive C

1-Open the File Explorer

2-Right-click on the Videos folder and click on properties

3-Click on the Location tab

4-Click on "Move...", then select the folder created in the previous step and confirm to move the content to the new location

Step 3: Create a new Videos folder on drive D, and repeat the procedure to move the file to this folder

RobinsonSilvestre, Feb 24, 2024
  3. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.

Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please

NickiCampbell, Feb 24, 2024
  4. 2AI
    2AI Win User

how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

How to forbidden and stop copy files c drive document files to d drive?

How to forbidden and stop copy files c drive document files to d drive?

D drive can not copy and move to c drive now

C drive can not move files to d drive now

But I discover files can copy to d drive from documents folder

Another question

Is that d drive has a folder confidential, how to enable and disable files being copied from this specified folder when only me allow to backup to USB storage?

Thema:

how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

1. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive - Similar Threads - move file folders

2. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  3. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  4. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  5. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to move folders/files from SDD My PC C: Drive to HDD D: Drive .....

How to move folders/files from SDD My PC C: Drive to HDD D: Drive .....: I understand the basics of clicking the location tab to move folders from C: drive to D: drive, but my question is about the path name.For example: My DOCUMENTS folder on MY PC C: drive location reads as "C: \ Users\ my name" and subfolders "C: \ Users\ my name\ documents"...
  7. Moving app from C: drive to D: drive

Moving app from C: drive to D: drive: How do I move an app to a different internal drive? I'm aware of the move tool in the apps and features settings but it is greyed out and unavailable with no explanation as to why. I'd rather move the application without uninstalling and reinstalling it as it is a large file...
  8. How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?: I have folders with a bunch of pictures and I want to move them to the D drive because there is more space there. How to do that? Also is there a way to set the D drive as the default drive so pictures saved will automatically go there? submitted by /u/jayx468 [link]...
  9. How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?

How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?: Hi, I am new to windows, have used MacOS since the early 90’s. This is probably a simple question but my C drive 100GB & the D drive is 142GB. The OS has used 43.3 GB, so I would just like to move folders such as documents, music, downloads etc to the larger D drive. Or is it...
  10. Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive

Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive: Because my C drive has limited space, Ive been trying to change all settings of storage to my D drive. However, whenever trying to install a new program, it tries to be downloaded on the C drive still as the program requires to be downloaded on the 'system drive'. I also...