Windows 10: How to move files / videos from the phone to the computer.

Discus and support How to move files / videos from the phone to the computer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The only way i can figure out how to move files is by emailing them to me which defeats the purpose of windows phone link. drag and drop doesnt really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Isaac Andrew Rose, Nov 30, 2022.

1. How to move files / videos from the phone to the computer.

The only way i can figure out how to move files is by emailing them to me which defeats the purpose of windows phone link. drag and drop doesnt really work from the phone to the computer

:)

Isaac Andrew Rose, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Tabvla Win User

Cannot see phone files on computer

SOLVED. It was a well-hidden setting to change the USB type.

I have a new phone running Android Oreo. I have taken a few test photos and a couple of test videos. Some have been saved to the phone's internal storage and some to an SD Card.

I have connected the phone to a W10 computer using the USB cable supplied with the phone. Windows identifies the phone correctly and automatically installs the driver and the phone is then correctly listed in Explorer. If I click on the phone in Explorer, Windows displays a message "No files on this device" and consequently the file section of the Explorer window is empty. The phone displays that it is being charged from the USB port. Therefore it would seem that both Windows and the phone are reporting that the USB connection is working as expected.

My previous phone was a Windows phone and as expected the phone worked seamlessly with Windows computers. I am still finding my way around Android so I may have missed something obvious. The instruction in the phone User Guide is simply to "......connect the phone to the Windows computer using the supplied USB cable and after installing the drivers the files and folders on your phone will be accessible.....".

Well that does not seem to be quite correct....*Sad

Thanks for any suggestions.

T.

Tabvla, Nov 30, 2022
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Mohan B P Win User

How to move files / videos from the phone to the computer.

Uploading videos to you tube

Hi Donald,

To assist you better, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Is the issue confined with specific phone device?

• What is the make and model of the phone?

It seems that the, video file format is not supported in the phone on which you are trying to play.

As an initial step, I suggest you to check if the video file format is supported on the phone or not

Kindly reply to us, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

How to move files / videos from the phone to the computer.

1. How to move files / videos from the phone to the computer. - Similar Threads - move files videos

2. How can a person move a whole phone worth of photos / videos say 100 GB from a phone to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can a person move a whole phone worth of photos / videos say 100 GB from a phone to a...: Is the only way to do this a few files at at time? Is there a way to copy ALL the files and paste them to a computer with one more click? Or do we need to spend hours micro managing click after click of a few files sent at a time? Please share wisdom of this world I want to...
  3. How can a person move a whole phone worth of photos / videos say 100 GB from a phone to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can a person move a whole phone worth of photos / videos say 100 GB from a phone to a...: Is the only way to do this a few files at at time? Is there a way to copy ALL the files and paste them to a computer with one more click? Or do we need to spend hours micro managing click after click of a few files sent at a time? Please share wisdom of this world I want to...
  4. How to remove phone from computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove phone from computer?: I recently paired my iPhone 14 to my Windows PC with Phone Link, but it seemed to cause my Bluetooth adapter to bug out. It kept turning on and off so I disabled the Bluetooth adapter and restarted my computer. I reinstalled my Bluetooth driver but now Phone Link will not...
  5. How to remove phone from computer?

How to remove phone from computer?: I recently paired my iPhone 14 to my Windows PC with Phone Link, but it seemed to cause my Bluetooth adapter to bug out. It kept turning on and off so I disabled the Bluetooth adapter and restarted my computer. I reinstalled my Bluetooth driver but now Phone Link will not...
  6. How to move files / videos from the phone to the computer.

How to move files / videos from the phone to the computer.: The only way i can figure out how to move files is by emailing them to me which defeats the purpose of windows phone link. drag and drop doesnt really work from the phone to the computer...
  7. How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?: So basically I have videos on my google photos but google photos storage was full, so i moved them to my pc by simply clicked download and deleting them from google photos. i have about 500gb of storage on my pc but for some reason, i think the videos and photos downloaded...
  8. How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?

How do I move files and photos and videos from my onedrive to my computer?: So basically I have videos on my google photos but google photos storage was full, so i moved them to my pc by simply clicked download and deleting them from google photos. i have about 500gb of storage on my pc but for some reason, i think the videos and photos downloaded...
  9. Moving video files from iPhone to windows laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving video files from iPhone to windows laptop: Not sure if this is the place for this but i have videos on my iPhone 8 and am having a lot of trouble moving them to my laptop. I have tried connecting the two and drag and dropping files. I have tried google drive. The files keep corrupting! submitted by /u/ryanchluda...
  10. How to move videos/photos from UCB phone to desired file?

How to move videos/photos from UCB phone to desired file?: After downloading video or photo to computer with UCB port how can one move it to particular file, rename it and keep the first Initial taken photo date?...