Windows 10: How to move from Slow Ring to Release Builds?

Discus and support How to move from Slow Ring to Release Builds? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've my Windows Insider Programme settings to 'Stop getting preview builds when the next version of Windows 10 is installed', however, I haven't been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ramakitty, May 29, 2020.

1. How to move from Slow Ring to Release Builds?

I've my Windows Insider Programme settings to 'Stop getting preview builds when the next version of Windows 10 is installed', however, I haven't been offered the release build via Windows Update, and the manual Windows 10 Update Assistant utility says i'm already on the latest build (i'm on 19041.264). However, I had a bugcheck yesterday, and it was still green.

Does anyone have any good ideas?

submitted by /u/ramakitty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ramakitty, May 29, 2020

2. safe to switch from Slow Ring to the Release Preview Ring ?

Hi koende,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

As Release preview ring is on build 17763, you cannot switch yet to release preview. A build for release preview is expected this month, so when that releases you can switch. Slow ring builds would stop releasing when Release preview builds releases.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 29, 2020
  3. N R143 Win User
    When will release slow build for win 10

Yes you are right . many new builds released by fast ring but slow ring didn't. I am waiting for release new slow build. I appreciate you, and Thanks you for reply.

N R143, May 29, 2020
  4. PUN
    pun Win User

How to move from Slow Ring to Release Builds?

Insider Build stuck in slow ring

My Windows Insider build 14986.1001 is stuck in slow ring and I can't change it to fast ring. It is grayed out.

How to move from Slow Ring to Release Builds? pl2u3.png

I have referred to Microsoft forums and tried changing REG_SZ value for Ring from WIS to WIF at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability but there is no change.

Does anyone know how to get my system on fast ring ?

Update :

I've updated build using ISO to latest now, still stuck in slow ring and cannot change it to fast ring

Thema:

How to move from Slow Ring to Release Builds?

1. How to move from Slow Ring to Release Builds? - Similar Threads - move Slow Ring

2. Build 19041.153 to Slow Ring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 19041.153 to Slow Ring: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/03/13/releasing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-19041-153-to-the-slow-ring/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/build-19041153-to-slow-ring/999cc7b1-f05c-48df-9abd-6de25f11f171
  3. safe to switch from Slow Ring to the Release Preview Ring ?

safe to switch from Slow Ring to the Release Preview Ring ?: I am currently using the windows 10 Insider preview 18351 and am on the insider program . I want to switch to the Release Preview Ring from the Slow Ring. is this safe to do ?...
  4. Windows 10 Slow Ring builds now get serviced just like regular releases

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Slow Ring builds now get serviced just like regular releases: Earlier this year at Build developer conference, Microsoft announced that it is working on releasing more stable and feature-rich builds to the Slow Ring Insiders. In a blog post, Microsoft revealed that the builds would be released to the Slow Ring after getting serviced on...
  5. Microsoft to release Slow ring builds more frequently with Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to release Slow ring builds more frequently with Redstone 5: The Slow ring on the Windows Insider Program has always been a strange middle ground, with the Fast ring on the cutting edge and the Release Preview ring getting cumulative updates that are slated for public release. Windows Insider chief Dona Sarkar once told me that the...
  6. Stuck in build 14905 slow ring. Expiration soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck in build 14905 slow ring. Expiration soon: Hey, guys and gals! I've been stuck with the bugs of this build for some time and it was annoying at first, but still bearable. Now I've been getting the expiration warning and that's a big problem for me. I don't know if there's a newer build for the slow ring or not,...
  7. Build 10130 ISO available if pushed to slow ring?

Build 10130 ISO available if pushed to slow ring?: Nevermind. Got my answer. Hi all. If Build 10130 is pushed to the slow ring, is it likely that MS will upload an official ISO at the Insider website? I see the previous build (10074) at the site -- I'm assuming that a build is worthy of an ISO if it makes it to the...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile for Phone build 10136 to be released on Fast ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile for Phone build 10136 to be released on Fast ring: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  9. Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...: Microsoft had originally stated that they planned to release Windows 10 build 9879 to 'slow ring' users possibly this week but that is no longer the case. Microsoft's head of the Windows Insider program, Gabe Aul, has stated that the release will not occur until next week....
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.221 for Release Preview Ring

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.221 for Release Preview Ring: We have released Cumulative Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 for PC and Mobile on Release Preview Ring which will bring the build number to 14393.222 for PC and 14393.221 for Mobile (KB3194496). This Cumulative Update contains the following fixes: Improved...