Windows 10: How to move/merge windows recovery partition? ((other suggestions also welcome)

Discus and support How to move/merge windows recovery partition? ((other suggestions also welcome) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm using windows 10. And I want to resize my local disk but my windows recovery partition is in between my C drive and my local disk. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kloolis, Jun 12, 2020.

1. How to move/merge windows recovery partition? ((other suggestions also welcome)

How to move/merge windows recovery partition? ((other suggestions also welcome) fIpiL_PYfHNauaFWtmJteoY0D6TPr8zUy3e4GtJkWXY.jpg

I'm using windows 10.

And I want to resize my local disk but my windows recovery partition is in between my C drive and my local disk. I also have a second recovery partition. I think a windows update is the reason for two recovery partitions.

This is my current disk partition

I ran reagentc /info and found out that windows is using Partition 4 as a recovery partition.

I'm really new to this and I'm afraid of making a rash decision and messing my windows. I'm sceptical about deleting the old partition (ie partition 6)

so, I thought I could delete my E drive and then move recovery partition 4 to the end.

Like this (using AOMEI)

So I have some questions regarding this and it would be really great if someone helped me out...

1. Should I just proceed like the second picture?
    2. Will moving the disk partition 4 mess up the windows recovery configurations?
    3. Is it a good idea to merge the two recovery partitions after moving it?
    4. Is there any other possible solution?

Thanks in advance How to move/merge windows recovery partition? ((other suggestions also welcome) :)

submitted by /u/kloolis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kloolis, Jun 12, 2020
  2. khanmein Win User

How to merge the Health (Recovery Partition) in Windows 10

Previously, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant without any issue, but now after I delete the 450 MB Health (Recovery Partition) & merge with my C: drive, this error popped out; (I'm unable to merge it anymore)

"The version of your system is equal or higher than 1703. We suggest you don't resize/move system partition, which may cause system boot failure. We suggest create a Windows PE bootable media and rezise/move system partition with it."

Any suggestion to merge the partition? Thanks & greatly appreciated. FYI, I tried various application also not working.

There's a \\?\Volume{ff855cc7-980a-44a3-aa46-1eed8d8c8b8c}\ located on Optimize Drives.
    (The 450 MB Health Recovery Partition)

P.S. Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19)

khanmein, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Recovery partitions after the Windows 10 upgrade From 8.1

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a question in merging the partition.

I would like to inform you that you have an option of merging the drives with simple changes from the issue description. Do not merge the EFI system partition as it deals with the boot process. Also I suggest you reserve a drive so that you can retrieve
    files of Windows 10 when needed.

Create a recovery drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

Now you can merge four drives out of six.
    To do so refer the steps below.

• You can do that by right clicking on the drive.

• Select Expand and follow the on screen instruction.
    Hope this information helps you.

Sudheendra S, Jun 12, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

How to move/merge windows recovery partition? ((other suggestions also welcome)

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! How to move/merge windows recovery partition? ((other suggestions also welcome) :)

RyoTakagi, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

How to move/merge windows recovery partition? ((other suggestions also welcome)

1. How to move/merge windows recovery partition? ((other suggestions also welcome) - Similar Threads - move merge recovery

2. hello how can i merge the recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello how can i merge the recovery partitions: i installled linux in a usb drive and some how linux make a recovry partition in the drive of windows i want to merge this partion or deleted but i dont know how note:- i dont know what partition it is...
  3. hello how can i merge the recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello how can i merge the recovery partitions: i installled linux in a usb drive and some how linux make a recovry partition in the drive of windows i want to merge this partion or deleted but i dont know how note:- i dont know what partition it is...
  4. Moving the Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the Recovery Partition: HiI need to move the recovery partition to the left because I need free space at the end of the drive.Will moving this prevent "Windows Reset" from working in future? If so, how do I prevent this?...
  5. Moving the Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving the Recovery Partition: HiI need to move the recovery partition to the left because I need free space at the end of the drive.Will moving this prevent "Windows Reset" from working in future? If so, how do I prevent this?...
  6. Moving a Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving a Recovery Partition: Hi! Is there any way for me to move the recovery partition whatsoever on Disk 0? I want to merge E: with the unallocated space on the other side of it but I can't because the partition is in the way.[ATTACH]...
  7. Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible: Hi. I merged the recovery partition with another partition D: on the same disk. The resulting partition doesn't show up in Explorer and has no letter in Disk management :-. Neiher can I assign a letter to it e.g. using MiniTool partition wizard. Result: I can´t access the...
  8. How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?: I want to merge the E and D drive. But cant do it because of the 2 OEM partitions in between. Is there any way to merge the E and D drive on my disk...
  9. How to merge the Health (Recovery Partition) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to merge the Health (Recovery Partition) in Windows 10: Previously, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant without any issue, but now after I delete the 450 MB Health (Recovery Partition) & merge with my C: drive, this error popped out; (I'm unable to merge it anymore) "The version of your system is equal or higher than 1703. We...
  10. Move recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move recovery partition?: Just installed a new M.2 SSD into an MSI GE72 laptop running Windows 10. First used MSI's Burn Recovery tool to copy the recovery to a USB flash drive. Restored onto the SSD and wiped the HDD. The resulting partitions on the SSD are shown in the attached image. So I end up...