Windows 10: How to move my home directory?

Discus and support How to move my home directory? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Somehow my home directory wound up underneath the Desktop folder. Can I just move all of these folders to C:\Users\bernie? Not sure when this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zBernie, May 13, 2021.

1. zBernie Win User

How to move my home directory?

Somehow my home directory wound up underneath the Desktop folder. Can I just move all of these folders to C:\Users\bernie? Not sure when this happened!

:)

zBernie, May 13, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 13, 2021
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, May 13, 2021
  4. How to move my home directory?

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, May 13, 2021
Thema:

How to move my home directory?

1. How to move my home directory? - Similar Threads - move home directory

2. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  3. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...: Using MOVE in a cmd window to rename directories. move "D:/M/FLAC files/066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC] {R}" "066 - Secular Cantatas, BWV 210, 211 [FLAC]" The directory was renamed and moved to D:/ not renamed in situ. Do I not understand the move command?...
  4. Using MOVE in command window to rename a directory causes directory to be moved to a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. why is my windows home directory my gmail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my windows home directory my gmail?: Why does my Home Directory use my gmail as a name? Is there any way to change it. Its obnoxious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-home-directory-my-gmail/4031eeef-c396-40c5-aa7f-4e1f58f99094
  6. why is my windows home directory my gmail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my windows home directory my gmail?: Why does my Home Directory use my gmail as a name? Is there any way to change it. Its obnoxious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-home-directory-my-gmail/4031eeef-c396-40c5-aa7f-4e1f58f99094
  7. Windows Can't Move a Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Can't Move a Directory: Once again, Microsoft Windows 10 can't achieve trivial tasks without expanding into that all-too-familar circle of dung. Today's issue is that a directory cannot be moved. There are no pending syncs - OneDrive claims it is up to date. All files in the directory were created...
  8. Moving the Windows.old directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving the Windows.old directory: I have a C partition which is not very large. So when there was a recent windows update and windows created the windows.old directory my space on the C partition got small. So I thought it was a good idea to move the windows.old directory to another partition. This was...
  9. Logging into VPN changes my home directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logging into VPN changes my home directory: My usual home directory is c:\users[name] however when I log into my work VPN is gets changed to Z:. It seems that the HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH environment variables are changed when on the VPN. Does anyone know why this would happen and how to fix it? Also this didn’t...
  10. Moving a Directory to Storage Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving a Directory to Storage Drive: I'm quite sure many people move a Directory to a Storage Drive so some software will act appropriately, like Pictures for instance. Some computers even come with an SSD and a Storage drive OOTB, but they don't put any Directories on the Storage Drive. My question is, how...