Windows 10: How to move my window 10 license to my new compter?

Discus and support How to move my window 10 license to my new compter? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new computer and I want to move my window 10 license to my new one... But I lost my license key. I already registered my old compter to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Eureka723, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Eureka723 Win User

How to move my window 10 license to my new compter?

I bought a new computer and I want to move my window 10 license to my new one...

But I lost my license key.

I already registered my old compter to my microsoft ID.

How can I unregister my old PC and register my new PC?

My window 10 is FPP so I can use it again... But I don't know how

Plz help me ..

:)

Eureka723, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Nov 3, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to move my window 10 license to my new compter? - Similar Threads - move window license

2. How to move existent Windows 10 license to a new Hd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move existent Windows 10 license to a new Hd: Hello all, hope everything is super...As I want to upgrade my Hard Disk NVMe Samsung 980 to a Western Digital NVMe sn850x how can I ´move´ my Windows 10 license from the old hd to the new one?Do I need to deactivate my license in my old drive and activate when my new drive is...
  3. How to move existent Windows 10 license to a new Hd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move existent Windows 10 license to a new Hd: Hello all, hope everything is super...As I want to upgrade my Hard Disk NVMe Samsung 980 to a Western Digital NVMe sn850x how can I ´move´ my Windows 10 license from the old hd to the new one?Do I need to deactivate my license in my old drive and activate when my new drive is...
  4. How to move existent Windows 10 license to a new Hd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Moving Windows 10 license to new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows 10 license to new hardware: I have Windows 10 Home running on an ancient PC that I decided to upgrade Windows did not come pre-installed, it was an upgrade from Windows 7 that I had purchased. I installed Windows 10 onto the new hardware as a fresh install. When I went to activate it, it wouldn't accept...
  6. My broken compter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My broken compter: I recently installed a new qraphics card, and once I installed its drivers, my computer can last about 15 minutes before it starts freaking out. It gets really laggy and the audio completely glitches. Have any of you ever had this problem, and do any of you know how to fix...
  7. How do I move my Windows 10 license to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I move my Windows 10 license to a new hard drive?: I've got a 5 year old desktop computer. Back then platter hard drives were what was used. It's given me 5 years of service, but it has become no longer reliable. Therefore, I've decided to replace it with an solid state drive SSD, which arrived yesterday. Now I'm just waiting...
  8. How to move my license

How to move my license: Hi I purchased a Windows 10 Home license in a store (so it has a key). Later I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. Now I want to move the license to another computer, I have tried using the key I got with Home, but that doesn't work. I have installed...
  9. How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer

How to move digital license for windows 10 to new computer: I have a digital license that was purchased retail. It was purchased separately from the computer. It did not come with the computer. It was upgraded for free from windows 7. I now have a new computer. How can I move my digital license to the new computer?...
  10. Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop

Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop: Hello, I have two laptops, both came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and activated. I applied my Windows 10 Pro key to one of them but now I'd like to move this license. Is it possible to do it and keep my pre-installed Windows 10 Home on the first laptop and re-use this...