Windows 10: How to move or copy folders from Version 2007 to Version 2010

Discus and support How to move or copy folders from Version 2007 to Version 2010 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a new computer with Outlook 2007 in use for years with folders containing emails from dead relatives and friends that are very important to me.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Fred T, May 2, 2021.

1. Fred T Win User

How to move or copy folders from Version 2007 to Version 2010

I have a new computer with Outlook 2007 in use for years with folders containing emails from dead relatives and friends that are very important to me. Can someone guide me in how to transfer those folders containing the emails to my new computer with Outlook 2010 please. Windows 10 pro

:)

Fred T, May 2, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

I have never had such a problem so I probably cannot help you.

I assume that the list of datafiles is correct [In Outlook 2007 this is given in several places including File, Data file management] and that you have run ScanPST on each of the pst/ost files shown there.

Are there any references to the missing file in the ScanPST log [log settings are under Options in the ScanPST UI]?

In Outlook 2007, I can set the 'navigation pane' to 'Folder list' view so that I can manually look through every open file & folder to check their contents. If you can find it this way but not when searching then it would indicate a search problem rather than a pst file problem. I have not seen this but I'd run Office diagnostics [2007] & the Windows indexing troubleshooter if I did.
    - Apparently, Office diagnostics itself does not exist in Office 2010. I understand that, for Office 2010, you'd need to go to Control panel, Progs & features then right-click on the Office 2010 entry so you could select Repair.
    - I have also seen a suggestion that Office diagnostics might be in your Start menu but I don't know if that was correct or not.
    - The Windows indexing troubleshooter is at Settings, Updates, Troubleshoot, Search & indexing

Sorry I could not help,
    Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, May 2, 2021
  3. MikeLo321 Win User
    Installed Office Mobile 2010 but still have 2007 as default

I recently installed the free update for Office 2010 from the Marketplace. There were no errors. I was prompted to restart, which I did, but now in my programs list I have:

Excel Mobile

Excel Mobile 2010

OneNote Mobile

OneNote Mobile 2010

PowerPoint Mobile

PowerPoint Mobile 2010

SharePoint Workspace Mobile 2010

Word Mobile

Word Mobile 2010

Regardless of which version I click on, the older version opens. I am not able to access any of the 2010 applications, only the 2007 versions. The original Office is not listed in my Remove Programs. How do I correct this? Either remove the old version
    or at least overwrite the original version, or change the default to the new version?

I am running Windows Mobile 6.5 on HTC Imagio.

Thanks.

MikeLo321, May 2, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

1 By 'navigation pane' I just meant the fairly narrow pane on the left-hand side of my Outlook window. It's the grey pane on the left in www.alphr.com/blogs/2009/11/19/microsoft-outlook-2010-screenshots - there should be a set of buttons at the bottom to select Folder list / Shortcuts / … Your comment "I have a folder list under the name of my pst" sounds like you have the folder list in front of you because that's how I would describe what it looks like.

2 Either in the Folder list or by looking in File, Data file management you can see which pst files you have open.

3 Perhaps you have set up auto-archiving to delete originals???? In my 2007 version this is set up in Outlook, Options, Other, AutoArchiving as well as individually for each folder in Folder list. I do not know where the settings are in Outlook 2010.

4 About "I have only run Scanpst on the pst file that shows the current date", I don't know what your other pst files are but you should be able to open each in turn to see if the missing file is in one of them. The only example I have of an older pst file is my Archive.pst file [I archive every 30 days but without deleting anything]. Every pst file that Outlook opens gets the current date-time set as its Date modified even if nothing gets written to it when it is open.

5 I mentioned search before. In Outlook 2007 search settings are in Outlook, Tools, Options, Preferences, Search options but it might have been moved in Outlook 2010. In Outlook 2016, they are in Outlook, …, Options, Search.

6 You could also try looking in
    www.slipstick.com
    www.msoutlook.info

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, May 2, 2021
Thema:

1. How to move or copy folders from Version 2007 to Version 2010 - Similar Threads - move copy folders

2. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  3. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  4. Windows movie maker 2007 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows movie maker 2007 version: Hey everyone, In 2007 I had an old computer that I made some army movies on while i was deployed. Just pics with music in the background. I used the windows movie maker I believe. I was wondering if there's any way to access those old movies and pics. I'd love to show my...
  5. Windows movie maker 2007 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows movie maker 2007 version: Hey everyone, In 2007 I had an old computer that I made some army movies on while i was deployed. Just pics with music in the background. I used the windows movie maker I believe. I was wondering if there's any way to access those old movies and pics. I'd love to show my...
  6. MICROSOFT WORKS 9 - latest version 2007 - Copy and Paste problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MICROSOFT WORKS 9 - latest version 2007 - Copy and Paste problem.: I can no longer copy from another document - such as Microsoft Edge and post into a document in WORKS 9. The WORKS 9 programme just shuts down and enters recovery mode. Can you suggest a repair for a non technical person please. [ATTACH]...
  7. "Versioning" folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Versioning" folder?: I was in the process of migrating all of my local hard drive NATA onto a RAID NAS and I noticed a folder called "Versioning" in my Pictures folder. I am pretty sure I didn't put it there and it's pretty massive at like 200GB- do I need it? Any ideas on how it got there or why...
  8. I have 2010 not 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have 2010 not 2007: I have payed how do I get it working I dad 2010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-2010-not-2007/13a05d3a-a9bb-4e22-8197-258ee6ffe103
  9. copy data from office outlook 2010 to 2007 and then vice versa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy data from office outlook 2010 to 2007 and then vice versa: i m facing the following problems in win 10 64 bit microsoft office outlook 2010 : 1. repeated prompts for password despite putting the right password in 2010/ 2. i want to transfer data from 2010 outlook to 2007 outlook same Email ID. I signed in simultaneously in 2007...
  10. Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010: When I use the Archive tool to manually create a PST file, I've noticed the e-mails are removed from the client and into the PST.Is it possible to create the archive and keeping the e-mails intact within the client? 102222