Windows 10: How to move programs from old laptop to new laptop

Discus and support How to move programs from old laptop to new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I got a new laptop today, And I was wondering if there is any way to move all my programs from old laptop to new laptop, WITHOUT having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by THREAL, Aug 10, 2020.

1. THREAL Win User

How to move programs from old laptop to new laptop

So I got a new laptop today,

And I was wondering if there is any way to move all my programs from old laptop to new laptop,

WITHOUT having to manually install them all again?

It is just an insane amount of time, and I really don't have enough time for that

Is it ok to move like Programs Files, and Program Files x86? Ctrl +C/V?

My old laptop has I7 7th gen, 256gb ssd, HP

My new laptop has I7 10th gen, 512 ssd, if this helps in anyway ASUS

Thank you

:)

THREAL, Aug 10, 2020

2. Old laptop Windows 7 Professional, new laptop Windows 10 - how do I move docs, programs etc from old laptop to new one?

My current office laptop has Windows 7 Professional installed.

I have been given a new laptop with Windows 10 installed.

How do I move docs, programs etc from old laptop to new one?

Thank you in advance!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MikeMonitz, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Maelstrom Win User
    Moving data from old laptop to new

Ok, so i have an old laptop that's hhd was infected with a virus that screwed windows up. I have some data on the thing that i need to pull off and put onto my new laptops hhd. So what is the safest and easiest way to get the data from old laptop to new laptop?

Maelstrom, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How to move programs from old laptop to new laptop - Similar Threads - move programs old

2. WINDOWS 11 INSTALL SETUP - TRANSFER PROGRAMS FROM OLD LAPTOP TO NEW LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 INSTALL SETUP - TRANSFER PROGRAMS FROM OLD LAPTOP TO NEW LAPTOP: During my Windows 11 installed on my new ASUS Zenbook Duo laptop - Windows asked me if I wanted to transfer all the programs from my old laptop to this one. I said YES and choose the name of my old laptop, but it never happened. How do I get back to this transfer service?...
  3. Installing old laptop files, programs & settings to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing old laptop files, programs & settings to new laptop.: How do I copy all of the files, programs, etc. from one laptop to a new one. I am running Windows 10 on both laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-old-laptop-files-programs-settings-to/8382b840-9191-4a68-a342-421f7ebd0de7
  4. Installing old laptop files, programs & settings to new laptop.

Installing old laptop files, programs & settings to new laptop.: How do I copy all of the files, programs, etc. from one laptop to a new one. I am running Windows 10 on both laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-old-laptop-files-programs-settings-to/8382b840-9191-4a68-a342-421f7ebd0de7
  5. Installing old laptop files, programs & settings to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  7. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  8. How to transfer desktop "icons" from old laptop to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to transfer desktop "icons" from old laptop to new laptop?: Have transferred the desktop file to new laptop but what I have is the folder with all the icons from the old. What I want to do is see the "icons" in the new laptop's desktop. What I have is a desktop folder in my new laptop: [ATTACH]...
  9. Move programs and date from old disc external drive to new laptop

Move programs and date from old disc external drive to new laptop: please can I have some advice. My old windows 10 pc died but I still have the old hard drive with the programs and data which I have placed in an external hard drive enclosure. I now have a new windows 10 laptop and would like to transfer over some for the programs and...
  10. How to move Windows 10 from OLD desktop to NEW laptop

How to move Windows 10 from OLD desktop to NEW laptop: so i was thinking installing this Best free backup software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc - EaseUS Todo Backup Free to cloning my entire OLD Desktop HDD to the NEW laptop HDD and then putting my laptop HDD back inside and then let windows auto...