Windows 10: How to move programs from one PC to another

Discus and support How to move programs from one PC to another in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, IT newb here. I have two identical hardware-wise PCs that I need to setup for two people. I've setup all the programs in Computer A. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fishingsharkswithpapers, Dec 15, 2020.

1. How to move programs from one PC to another

Hi All,

IT newb here.

I have two identical hardware-wise PCs that I need to setup for two people.

I've setup all the programs in Computer A.

My question is, what would be the best way to transfer all the programs/settings from Computer A to Computer B without losing Windows Activation on Computer B?

Should I even be concerned about Windows 10 Pro Activation? Both computers came with Win10Pro OEM.

Initially, I was thinking about creating a disk image of Computer A then copying it to Computer B.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

:)

fishingsharkswithpapers, Dec 15, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 15, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 15, 2020
  4. How to move programs from one PC to another

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

How to move programs from one PC to another

1. How to move programs from one PC to another - Similar Threads - move programs another

2. How to move one program to another pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move one program to another pc: I have a program that is currently installed on my working pc. My windows 10 does not seems to be stable because every few weeks it will crash and will not startup. I have to keep restoring it from a image that I luckily created before. I got a new pc and would like to...
  3. Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?: Hi all, In about a week I'm going to be upgrading my PC which will mean a fresh installation of Windows. There is a specific program I have installed on my current PC that I will also need on my upgraded PC. However I don't have a backup of the installation file. I purchased...
  4. Move windows 10 from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move windows 10 from one PC to another: When I bought this PC it came with Windows 8, then I got the free upgrade to Windows 10. I am changing the PC now but I am not able to move the windows 10 to that new pc, is that not allowed? I tried entering the product key, it did not work, then I tried activating from...
  5. How to move an app from a user to another one

How to move an app from a user to another one: Hi, I created a new user for me on the same laptop my mom uses. I play Township (a game app) on her user and I want to transfer it to my personal user. Any idea how to do it? submitted by /u/Retrograde-Motion [link] [comments]...
  6. Shortcut to move program from one virtual desktop to another?

Shortcut to move program from one virtual desktop to another?: Hello I often use Virtual Desktops. But whenever i need to move one program from one environment to another i've to open Virtual Desktop screen and move it manually. Is there any way to do it using shortcut? submitted by /u/BlueBoxxx [link] [comments]...
  7. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  8. move programs and settings from one microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    move programs and settings from one microsoft account to another: Hi my son "stole" my Microsoft account so I made a new one, but I want to move all programs and settings to mine, which I have made administrator....
  9. Q: Moving license from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Q: Moving license from one PC to another: Details pls: 3 yrs ago I purchased Windows 8.1 Pro (Retail !) I reinstalled to have Windows 10 pro.Now I want buying a new PC. Can I move the license to the new PC? If not: Can I add an HDD, and change CPU? Thanks guys :-) 78312
  10. How to move a metro app from one PC to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move a metro app from one PC to another?: Hi, I'm trying to move a metro app from my old Windows 8.1 PC to my new Windows 10 PC. Before you say 'Just re-download it' I should point out that, for some reason, MS have not only pulled it from the store but it also doesn't appear on my list of apps that are available...