Windows 10: How to move Start Menu to second monitor on Windows 10

Discus and support How to move Start Menu to second monitor on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Start Menu is one of the most important UI element in Windows 10. In the recent past, Microsoft has added new features and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 20, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to move Start Menu to second monitor on Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 20, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jul 20, 2019
  4. How to move Start Menu to second monitor on Windows 10

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

How to move Start Menu to second monitor on Windows 10

1. How to move Start Menu to second monitor on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - move Start Menu

2. Memory Leak when using start menu on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak when using start menu on second monitor.: Hi,I have a strange problem with my Win 10 PC grinding to a halt. I have narrowed it down to opening the start menu on a second monitor. The primary screen works fine. It can balloon out to 30+ GB memory usage under explorer.exesystem RAM 16GB and consuming page file. It will...
  3. How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.: So I recently got new monitors but whenever I press the windows key on my keyboard it opens on the main monitor in front of me, this interferes with my other apps and I wanted to know how to make it so that the start menu opens on the second monitor, it was working exactly...
  4. How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.: So I recently got new monitors but whenever I press the windows key on my keyboard it opens on the main monitor in front of me, this interferes with my other apps and I wanted to know how to make it so that the start menu opens on the second monitor, it was working exactly...
  5. How to make Windows Start menu open on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Window starts on second monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window starts on second monitor?: After the 1903 update of Windows 10 Home I finally got my second monitor working. But now all applications and games open on my second monitor and not on the first one. Can I change that somehow? TIA Fenster startet auf zweitem Monitor?
  7. icons moved to second monitor

icons moved to second monitor: overnight the icons of my desktop have moved to to my external monitor that is set as extended . How could I move them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-moved-to-second-monitor/586f72c2-8aa9-49c8-96e6-d307adad9131
  8. Moving the Start Menu

Moving the Start Menu: Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-start-menu/58191b5a-dd0c-4855-84f7-419e36cb9822
  9. How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?

How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?: I would like to add web links and apps in an easy-to-find section of the start like I had on the windows 7 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-to-move-and-group-tiles-on-windows-10-start/0ba2f967-c223-4902-9ae8-ea3a33469ab4
  10. Move entire Start Menu to different monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Move entire Start Menu to different monitor: I have a dual monitor setup and all of a sudden, when I open the Start Menu, it appears on the second monitor. How do I move it back to the primary monitor. I am using Display Fusion to manage my monitors 57695

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidea start menu

2. how to move start menu tiles to a second screen