Windows 10: How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?

Discus and support How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed the windows 11 OS to a SSD drive having 100GB capacity. Its 70GB already filled up and the maximum space is taken by the Program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GourabSMondal, Feb 12, 2022.

1. How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?

I have installed the windows 11 OS to a SSD drive having 100GB capacity. Its 70GB already filled up and the maximum space is taken by the Program Files, Program Files x86 and the Users folder.I already moved the C:\users\username\Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music, 3D Objects, Videos folders to a HDD of 1TB capacity, the E:\ drive. But I could not move the AppData folder there. I want to migrate them to the E:\ drive from the source C:\ drive, so that in future whatever app I will install, every AppData will be stored by them to the E drive. How can I do this? Please suggest me some way

:)

GourabSMondal, Feb 12, 2022
  2. MCencic Win User

C drive user/"username" folder disappeared

Hi guys,

So today I was moving my default folders (music, pictures, videos, documents, etc) to my hard drive as i was running out of room on my c drive and something unusual happened.

While i was moving my "documents folder", somehow my user/"username" folder dissapeard, and the documents folder actually became the "username" folder itself. I can tell this because "documents" has all of the "username" folders in it, such as "appdata",
    ".vscode", etc.

However, when i o to my root Desktop folder it has my original "username" folder, but it is not allowing to move it back into my c drive where it belongs. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem. I dont want to restore my c drive as i would have to
    spend hours redownloading and installing all my softwares.

I will add photos to help show the situation, my caveman language isnt the best when trying to explain these computer issues.
    How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive? a0030167-8977-4203-8c21-c8faab313ded.jpg

How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive? 85560961-288d-421a-baa4-1673ab48247e.jpg

As you can see in the first image, the user/"username" file is no longer present, instead the "documents" file has taken its place. In the second image you can see my original "username" file, "michael" but it does not let me move it back into the C drive
    where it belongs

Thanks for your help

MCencic, Feb 12, 2022
  3. EarthDog Win User
    How do I access the appdata folder when it is not my C:\ drive?

My google foo is failing me today so I come to the forums for help. I need to be able to see (copy) the appdata path (C:\users\username\appdata), but cannot seem to get permissions to even see it. I need to copy the Minecraft save data for my kiddo before I SE this drive and put a fresh W10 on it.
    How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive? [​IMG]

I am certain I am missing something easy.

TIA!

EarthDog, Feb 12, 2022
  4. How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?

C drive space problem in vista

Yea don't delete the C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming folder, just delete the CONTENTS of

C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\IDM\DwnlData\***** *

Just delete the files, not the folder. Sorry for that, been up all night...

scaminatrix, Feb 12, 2022
Thema:

How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?

1. How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive? - Similar Threads - move usersusernameAppData folder

2. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  3. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  4. How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?: I have installed the windows 11 OS to a SSD drive having 100GB capacity. Its 70GB already filled up and the maximum space is taken by the Program Files, Program Files x86 and the Users folder.I already moved the C:\users\username\Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music, 3D...
  5. How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive: A tech guy loaded some files from my Win7 to my new Win10 home. He also put my old Pictures, Documents folders in the following path: c:\Users\(name)\One Drive\ ..... We don't want or will ever use OneDrive. More importantly Acronis won't back up anything on OneDrive when...
  6. How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive: A tech guy loaded some files from my Win7 to my new Win10 home. He also put my old Pictures, Documents folders in the following path: c:\Users\(name)\One Drive\ ..... We don't want or will ever use OneDrive. More importantly Acronis won't back up anything on OneDrive when...
  7. Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive: Hello, I am trying to free up space on my C Drive Where Windows 10 Home is installed. How do I move games installed on C Drive to another Hard Drive? I have 2 additional Hard Drives on my PC. How do I do this without buying a program to do it. I want a simple solution to...
  8. How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to "move" an app from c:/ to another drive?: I am trying to move an app to a different drive to free up space. I am an administrator. The "move" icon on the apps & features page is grayed out. What do I have to do to activate the move command?...
  9. Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive: Hello again, i recently installed my insiders edition to the wrong drive, my C Drive, i wanted to install it to my DATA drive, if i copy all the VM files that in my C drive , to the actual drive that i want it in, how if at all would that affect my current insiders edition...
  10. How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive: Hello Peepz My first post so hello to all. I have a windows 10 pc (x64) hence me joining the community ;-) I have a samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD ( C Drive ) & a Seagate FireCuda SSHD 1TB ( D drive ) I'm in a predicament where my kids play a lot of games on the PC, Fortnite being...