Windows 10: How to move the Start Menu to the center screen?

Discus and support How to move the Start Menu to the center screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I recently set up Surround Display in a triple monitor configuration, and I'm trying to figure out how to realign the various Windows components so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harry Voyager, Nov 17, 2019.

1. How to move the Start Menu to the center screen?

So I recently set up Surround Display in a triple monitor configuration, and I'm trying to figure out how to realign the various Windows components so they are on the center screen. Right now the Start Menu appears only on the far left of the left monitor, and I'd like to see if I can shift it to the left of the center monitor instead? I think the issue is that right now, Windows just sees it as one large monitor, so it has nothing to clip to. I'm thinking if I can just move where it displays, that should fix the issue.

Anyone know how to do that in Windows 10?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

:)

Harry Voyager, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 17, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Nov 17, 2019
  4. How to move the Start Menu to the center screen?

Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

How to move the Start Menu to the center screen?

1. How to move the Start Menu to the center screen? - Similar Threads - move Start Menu

2. In Windows 7, how to center the Start Menu to the center of the taskbar like in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 7, how to center the Start Menu to the center of the taskbar like in Windows 11?: Be descriptive.Summarize the problem.Paste the error message.Include system information.Explain what you already tried.Include a screenshot....
  3. How to move start menu to center like 11?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move start menu to center like 11?: I really want 11 but can't because of the TPM requirement. But, not one app can move the start menu to the center. Does anyone know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-start-menu-to-center-like-11/28919c80-1453-4404-b712-20ef8f05f895
  4. Center of the screen is moved to the left.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Center of the screen is moved to the left.: Hey, my center of the screen is moved to the left. It looks as though Windows 10 has a margin that is larger on the right and smaller on the left. In all applications, what should be in the center is more to the left. Please help, this is really annoying! My hardware: 11600K,...
  5. Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?

Is there any way to move the Start menu to the center?: Hello, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? My PC isn't compatible with Windows 11, as it doesn't have a TPM, so I got a theme but only the start button has moved. So, is there any way to move the start menu to the center? I'm on Windows 10 Pro, if that...
  6. Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Executable -- how to move to Start Menu: I came across an older executable that seems to run fine on WinX so I'd like to put it onto the Start Menu but I can't figure out how to do that. Can you help? 10.0.19042 176677
  7. screen has moved to the right...how to re-center it?

screen has moved to the right...how to re-center it?: How to re-center the screen when it has moved to the right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-has-moved-to-the-righthow-to-re-center-it/fa19d65b-266b-410d-a5dc-c64ba8e1658c
  8. Moving the Start Menu

Moving the Start Menu: Can anyone out there help this old man PLEASE? For some reason my Start Menu has moved to the desktop from the left side, How do I move it bac k? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-start-menu/58191b5a-dd0c-4855-84f7-419e36cb9822
  9. Move the start menu when using 3 screens?

in Windows 10 Support
    Move the start menu when using 3 screens?: Hi everyone! I´m using 3 screens, and I have moved the taskbar to the middlescreen. But when I press the startbutton the start menu pops up on the screen to the left, which isn´t really that great. Do anyone here know if it´s possible to move the start menu so that it...
  10. Moving tiles to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving tiles to start menu: Is it possible to move a tile to the taskbar or the start menu. 27437