Windows 10: How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor...

Discus and support How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I managed to get the middle part of my taskbar onto my second monitor, but the right side of it isn't on it. Is there a way for me to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Popular-Troller, Dec 27, 2020.

1. How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor...

/u/Popular-Troller, Dec 27, 2020

2. Taskbar location

Hi Todd,

Sudden changes in the location of the taskbar can occur due to misconfiguration in Windows settings. But you don't have to worry, you can modify the location where the taskbar will be displayed. Follow these steps to change the location of your taskbar:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Choose Taskbar settings.
    • Look for Taskbar location on screen. The drop-down button under it will let you choose your preferred location for the taskbar.

For further information on how to use the taskbar in Windows 10, visit this
    link

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Dec 27, 2020
  3. After reboot on a multiple display system, the taskbar location changes from "right" to "custom" and taskbar location is different on the displays

Hello,

This is a Windows 10 x64 Pro version WinVer 1903 and was a 100% clean installation (e.g. no partitions on boot drive at time of installation).

I have a three to four monitor system. Typically it is 3 monitors with the 4th monitor going to a different system, but sometimes I use all 4 monitors.

Before rebooting, I set the taskbar location to "right." I also notice there is no "custom" option. The options are top, bottom, right, and left. I verify all taskbars on all monitors is on the right side.

After I reboot Windows, the taskbar for display 1 (also the primary) is still on the right. The taskbars on the other monitors, though, are on the bottom (e.g. default location). When I go to look at the setting for the taskbar location, I see a new option
    -- CUSTOM in the list. The list has 5 options, not 4 as there was before the reboot.

NOTE: If I change the location to right and then check the location list, the CUSTOM option no longer is there.

How do I keep the taskbar location on the right across a reboot.

Thank you.

Bertram Moshier, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Pete1burn Win User

How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor...

Taskbar on second monitor on Win7

Anyone know of some good freeware app that will add a taskbar to my second monitor and only show apps on that monitor on its taskbar? I was using Ultramon in XP but wondering if there's something better for Win7. Thanks.

Pete1burn, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor...

1. How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor... - Similar Threads - move taskbar icons

2. How To Move Icons From Taskbar Overflow to Main Taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Move Icons From Taskbar Overflow to Main Taskbar in Windows 11: Somehow, I lost an Icon I had on my Taskbar not taskbar overflow and I again pinned it to the taskbar. My taskbar includes 20 applications on the main taskbar and an additional 15 on the taskbar overflow. Of course, the re-pinned Icon ended up on the taskbar overflow. I wish...
  3. How To Move Icons From Taskbar Overflow to Main Taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Move Icons From Taskbar Overflow to Main Taskbar in Windows 11: Somehow, I lost an Icon I had on my Taskbar not taskbar overflow and I again pinned it to the taskbar. My taskbar includes 20 applications on the main taskbar and an additional 15 on the taskbar overflow. Of course, the re-pinned Icon ended up on the taskbar overflow. I wish...
  4. Taskbar Location Moved to the Left Side and Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Location Moved to the Left Side and Error: Good Afternoon,This morning, I just tried to uninstall an application on my Desktop, when it suddenly crashed and restarted my Desktop.Somehow, the taskbar just moved to the right side and shows nothing but this picture attached in the...
  5. Taskbar Location Moved to the Left Side and Error

Taskbar Location Moved to the Left Side and Error: Good Afternoon,This morning, I just tried to uninstall an application on my Desktop, when it suddenly crashed and restarted my Desktop.Somehow, the taskbar just moved to the right side and shows nothing but this picture attached in the...
  6. How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen

How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen: In Windows 10 the taskbar could be re positioned on the screen, either top, left, or right. This feature seems to be missing in Windows 11.Has this feature been hidden in one of the menus? If it has been removed please find a way to return it to windows 11 or provide a work...
  7. How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen: In Windows 10 the taskbar could be re positioned on the screen, either top, left, or right. This feature seems to be missing in Windows 11.Has this feature been hidden in one of the menus? If it has been removed please find a way to return it to windows 11 or provide a work...
  8. Pin taskbar icons on the right side?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin taskbar icons on the right side?: Just curious...Is there a way to pin taskbar icons so they justify to the right side? 182815
  9. How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...: How can I flip the taskbar like this shown in the image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-system-tray-icons-to-left-side-of/9d657933-546a-46a6-91e9-955b1e73600c
  10. How to move volume icon from primary monitor taskbar to secondary monitor taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move volume icon from primary monitor taskbar to secondary monitor taskbar?: move or duplicate, either works for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-volume-icon-from-primary-monitor/5e3cd760-5854-4fc5-995c-8eedbbb381a3