Windows 10: How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen

Discus and support How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Windows 10 the taskbar could be re positioned on the screen, either top, left, or right. This feature seems to be missing in Windows 11.Has this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WD850, Jan 4, 2023.

1. WD850 Win User

How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen

In Windows 10 the taskbar could be re positioned on the screen, either top, left, or right. This feature seems to be missing in Windows 11.Has this feature been hidden in one of the menus? If it has been removed please find a way to return it to windows 11 or provide a work around.

:)

WD850, Jan 4, 2023

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jan 4, 2023
  3. davidhk Win User
    TASKBAR in the way SOLUTION

You can have your taskbar placed vertically to the left or the right of the screen.

Move the taskbar

• Right click in an unused area of the taskbar.
    • Make sure that “Lock the taskbar” is unchecked.
    • Left click and hold in that unused area of the taskbar.
    • Drag the taskbar to the side of your screen on which you want it.
    • Release the mouse.

How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 4, 2023
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

vertical taskbar width

Hi Jim,

To be able to drag the taskbar and make it narrower the way you like it, please unlock it first.

To do it, here are the steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and unlock it by unchecking the
      Lock all taskbars option.

• Drag the edge of the bar and arrange it according to your preference.
    • Right click on the task bar and lock it again once done.
    Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jan 4, 2023
Thema:

1. How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen - Similar Threads - move taskbar vertical

2. How can I move my taskbar to be vertical on the left side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move my taskbar to be vertical on the left side of the screen?: My organization transitioned to Windows 11, and I was very disappointed to find that I am unable to have my taskbar on the left side of the screen vertical. Please advise on how to fix this....
  3. How can I move my taskbar to be vertical on the left side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I move my taskbar to be vertical on the left side of the screen?: My organization transitioned to Windows 11, and I was very disappointed to find that I am unable to have my taskbar on the left side of the screen vertical. Please advise on how to fix this....
  4. Can I move the taskbar to the right side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move the taskbar to the right side of the screen?: Hello. I would like to put the taskbar along the right side of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-the-taskbar-to-the-right-side-of-the/1ea30838-25aa-4e04-a33e-847645c5c8c3
  5. Can I move the taskbar to the right side of the screen?

Can I move the taskbar to the right side of the screen?: Hello. I would like to put the taskbar along the right side of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-the-taskbar-to-the-right-side-of-the/1ea30838-25aa-4e04-a33e-847645c5c8c3
  6. Moving the taskbar to the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the taskbar to the right side of the screen: Hi,I have recently uploaded to Windows 11, but to my dismay I have found out that users are, for whatever obscure reason, not any more allowed to move the taskbar left or right of the screen. I really find the taskbar at the bottom annoying and dyfunctional in so many ways....
  7. Moving the taskbar to the right side of the screen

Moving the taskbar to the right side of the screen: Hi,I have recently uploaded to Windows 11, but to my dismay I have found out that users are, for whatever obscure reason, not any more allowed to move the taskbar left or right of the screen. I really find the taskbar at the bottom annoying and dyfunctional in so many ways....
  8. W11 - Can't move Taskbar to Right side of screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 - Can't move Taskbar to Right side of screen.: I've tried everything and I can't move my Task Bar to the right side of the screen Like W10. I have a wide screen is this is 100% necessary for me because I always have a lot of windows open for development purposed. I need to be able to see file/folder names fully, not just...
  9. W11 - Can't move Taskbar to Right side of screen.

W11 - Can't move Taskbar to Right side of screen.: I've tried everything and I can't move my Task Bar to the right side of the screen Like W10. I have a wide screen is this is 100% necessary for me because I always have a lot of windows open for development purposed. I need to be able to see file/folder names fully, not just...
  10. How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen

How to move the taskbar to be vertical on the right side of the screen: In Windows 10 the taskbar could be re positioned on the screen, either top, left, or right. This feature seems to be missing in Windows 11.Has this feature been hidden in one of the menus? If it has been removed please find a way to return it to windows 11 or provide a work...