Windows 10: How To Move the Taskbar to the Top or Side on Windows 11?

Discus and support How To Move the Taskbar to the Top or Side on Windows 11? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 users could move their taskbar to the top of their screen however this stopped in October 2021. Thankfully, with Windows 11, we can now show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 6, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How To Move the Taskbar to the Top or Side on Windows 11?

Windows 10 users could move their taskbar to the top of their screen however this stopped in October 2021. Thankfully, with Windows 11, we can now show you how to move your taskbar around.

Editing the Registry

One way of moving your taskbar is by editing the registry yourself. Before you move ahead with editing the registry, you should know that it is a powerful tool and can cause serious damage to your system if you don't know what you're doing. Open the registry editor. This can be done by clicking the start menu button and typing 'regedit.' In the search results, you will see the registry editor. Click on it. When it opens, type the below address in the address bar and press enter.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3

Once loaded, you need to navigate to StuckRects3 and then double-click on settings. This will open the edit binary value window and you will see a table with different values. Now comes the tricky part. Find the second row from the top and then count five columns from the left. You will see a default value of '3' in this field. Place your cursor just ahead of the 3 and press backspace once and change the value to '1.'

Press ok and then restart windows explorer. This can be done by opening the task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and then clicking more details. Once there, select the processes tab and look for windows explorer. Right-click on it and press restart. This will move your taskbar to the top of the screen. If you change your mind, follow the above-mentioned steps again and change the value back to '3.'

How To Move the Taskbar to the Top or Side on Windows 11? Windows-11-Moving-The-Taskbar-Editing-The-Registry-scaled.jpg

Modify the Look of Your Screen...with Caution

Now that you know how to edit the registry and make changes, make sure you do it only if necessary. You shouldn't play around with the registry and this can cause a lot of system issues.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How To Move the Taskbar to the Top or Side on Windows 11? appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 6, 2023

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 6, 2023
  3. taskbar on top in windows 11

I owuld like to know how to put the taskbar on top. I am using Windows 11 version 22H2

HelmuthBayer Peraza, Jan 6, 2023
  4. BeckyC54 Win User

taskbar on top in windows 11

The first thing I tried to do was move the taskbar to the top. No go. Found out if the registry is changed (as suggested as a work around) it can cause other issues with W11, so I didn't do it.

I have had the taskbar at the top for years and having it at the bottom is "messy" and I hate it.

Come on Microsoft...fix this so we can have the taskbar where WE want it, not where Microsoft thinks it should be!!

BeckyC54, Jan 6, 2023
Thema:

1. How To Move the Taskbar to the Top or Side on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Move Taskbar Top

2. How To Move Taskbar In Windows 11 To Top of Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Move Taskbar In Windows 11 To Top of Screen: There really no way to move the taskbar in Windows 11 without a reg-hack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-taskbar-in-windows-11-to-top-of-screen/a44c9cdb-c41c-4434-86a3-6ecf16b7a096
  3. How To Move Taskbar In Windows 11 To Top of Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Move Taskbar In Windows 11 To Top of Screen: There really no way to move the taskbar in Windows 11 without a reg-hack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-taskbar-in-windows-11-to-top-of-screen/a44c9cdb-c41c-4434-86a3-6ecf16b7a096
  4. How To Move the Taskbar to the Left Side in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    How To Move the Taskbar to the Left Side in Windows 11?: Did you know that in Windows 11, you can now move your taskbar to the left? All you need is a registry hack, and you can change the look of your screen. Whether Microsoft will bring in an update for moveable taskbars in the future is yet to be seen. This article will show you...
  5. Window 11- how to move the taskbar to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11- how to move the taskbar to the top: I've been using Windows 11 for months, arranging the taskbar to the top. I updated Windows 11 today, and it turned to the default, and the trick to move the taskbar to the top does not work. Specfically, StuckRects3 does not exist under...
  6. Window 11- how to move the taskbar to the top

Window 11- how to move the taskbar to the top: I've been using Windows 11 for months, arranging the taskbar to the top. I updated Windows 11 today, and it turned to the default, and the trick to move the taskbar to the top does not work. Specfically, StuckRects3 does not exist under...
  7. windows 11 taskbar move top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 taskbar move top: I have a disability and I need the taskbar on the top of the screen. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-move-top/b740b8af-5a8c-4b7e-b8e8-027f96b48f37
  8. windows 11 taskbar move top

windows 11 taskbar move top: I have a disability and I need the taskbar on the top of the screen. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-move-top/b740b8af-5a8c-4b7e-b8e8-027f96b48f37
  9. Moving the taskbar left side, Windows 11

Moving the taskbar left side, Windows 11: Hi.I would like to move my taskbar to the left side of the screen in Windows 11. The taskbar is better placed on the left side of the screen than at the bottom because it takes up less space. Vertical space is more expendable than horizontal space as we have more of it on...
  10. Moving the taskbar left side, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving the taskbar left side, Windows 11: Hi.I would like to move my taskbar to the left side of the screen in Windows 11. The taskbar is better placed on the left side of the screen than at the bottom because it takes up less space. Vertical space is more expendable than horizontal space as we have more of it on...