Windows 10: How to move thousands photos to Photo app?

Discus and support How to move thousands photos to Photo app? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have thousand photos on my computer. They are located in about 46 folders. I want to move all these photos and folder to the photo app but it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Autumn Ferguson, Jan 27, 2019.

1. How to move thousands photos to Photo app?

I have thousand photos on my computer. They are located in about 46 folders. I want to move all these photos and folder to the photo app but it will take too long to move them one by one. Is there any chance to do it fast?

:)

Autumn Ferguson, Jan 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 photo app displays hundreds if not thousands of icons, not just photos

Hello,

As you are facing issues with deleting the photos within the photos app, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what exactly happens when you try to delete the photos in File Explorer?

If the issue persists with Photos app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to check if there are any updates for photos app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app and check with the status of this issue.

Refer:
    Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the photos on Photos app for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

How to move thousands photos to Photo app?

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

How to move thousands photos to Photo app?

1. How to move thousands photos to Photo app? - Similar Threads - move thousands photos

2. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  3. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  4. How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.: The most recent update to the Photos app has caused me a bit of a headache. In the older version not sure what version exactly when I would upload photos from my phone to the Photos application - the images would appear in chronological order from the most recent to the...
  5. Move a photo

Move a photo: How do I move a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-a-photo/d9a51bc8-b0d9-45f4-9bb9-e2c9df9f9a7e
  6. Photo Move

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo Move: Is there any software (free or paid) like photo move that have the exact functionality. I want to purchase photomove software so that I can use its full features, but problem is they only have paypal for buying and paypal is not available in my country. i desperately needed...
  7. moving Photos saved in bing to my photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving Photos saved in bing to my photo app: I just saved some pictures I found in Bing. I'd like to Use them in FaceBook for my cover photo as a slide show. One can that be done. Two will they have to be transferred to my photo app. If so how is that done....
  8. Photos app: Adding move to many photos in movie

Photos app: Adding move to many photos in movie: Hi, I have question about making movies in Photos app. Is there any possibility to add selected move to many photos? It will be really nice to have....
  9. Thousands of images in my Windows 10 photo app

Thousands of images in my Windows 10 photo app: For some reason, thousands of random images have appeared in my Windows 10 photo app that came installed on my HP computer. The computer is three years old but images have started popping up recently. HP Friend subscription service tells me its a Microsoft synching error...
  10. How to pin photos in Photos app ?

How to pin photos in Photos app ?: My Dell is new and I bought the desktop last year. See the blank square ? I just unpin it by accident and I want to bring it back again. It is photos app. [img] 89406