Windows 10: How to move Windows 10 OS to another Drive (safest & Easiest way?)

Discus and support How to move Windows 10 OS to another Drive (safest & Easiest way?) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do you move your installation windows 10 to another drive? safest & easiest way? Currently my OS win10 is on HDD, i want to move it into my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xzipp7, Jan 11, 2016.

1. xzipp7 Win User

How to move Windows 10 OS to another Drive (safest & Easiest way?)

How do you move your installation windows 10 to another drive? safest & easiest way?

Currently my OS win10 is on HDD, i want to move it into my new fresh SSD.

Any help will be grateful.

:)

xzipp7, Jan 11, 2016

2. Safest and Easiest way to update nokia xm 5800 to latest firmware

When I used my pc, the update size was 130mb or so.. when I used phone, it was only 17 mb... so yeah, going for OTA seems to be better!

figure_se7en, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Safest and Easiest way to update nokia xm 5800 to latest firmware

i would always go for OTA over pc as the pc often intends to be the problem when updates goes bad.

I always make sure that my pc is running fine - no driverissues and all updates are installed. - I have never had any trouble updating with XP prof, Vista 32 and 64 bit and now W7 64 bit.

Fender77---01, Jan 11, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

I used the disk cloning software that came with my Samsung SSD. What brand did you get? There are various disk cloning packages available and many of the SSD brands come with them. I'm sure someone will suggest their favorite.

PJLLB, Jan 11, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    What I have done many times is:

1. Create a backup image of the entire drive using Macrium Reflect Free or Pro.
    2. Remove HDD, install SSD.
    3. Restore backup to new SSD.
    4. Run the Macrium Fix boot problems.

Boot and make sure all is well.

Put HDD back as a 2nd drive for data storage or backup.

(Yes, I know you can use Macrium to clone the HDD to the SSD but I've found the image method works every time, cloning does not. Also give you a good backup).

Ztruker, Jan 11, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
  7. Whatphoeb Win User
    I recommend using the free to download EaseUS Todo Backup and cloning your hard disk.

Whatphoeb, Jan 11, 2016
  8. Bhrayan23 Win User

You can also try AOMEI Backupper. It's easy to use and it works well.

Bhrayan23, Jan 11, 2016
  9. xzipp7 Win User
    Okay thanks for reply guys, i will take a look for the tips.

Do you guys prefer use 'cloning/image' or 'Clean Install' ? What method does more recommended?

xzipp7, Jan 11, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    Cloning copies all your programs and data.

Clean install does not.

Your choice.

cereberus, Jan 11, 2016
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    I prefer to use imaging. Never had much luck with cloning.

12. cereberus Win User
    Why not?

Vendor supplied software can be variable.

cereberus, Jan 11, 2016
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

Why not is a good question that I cannot answer. It just did not work as expected.

14. Ztruker Win User
    I've had the same experience which is why I also specified using an image.

Ztruker, Jan 12, 2016
  15. Ivan4you Win User
    I don,t understand why you guy,s use a 3th party software for cloning.Windows 10 have a cloning program in is own.Works perfect.

Ivan4you, Jan 15, 2016
Thema:

1. How to move Windows 10 OS to another Drive (safest & Easiest way?) - Similar Threads - move another Drive

2. How to move My windows OS to another drive??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move My windows OS to another drive??: I have a really full C drive since it only has 100GB on my laptop. I have another drive that is 500 gb which I am using and is integrated in the laptop that I want to move windows to. I first of all- dont want to lose any data my D: drive already has data and apps in it so...
  3. How to move My windows OS to another drive??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move My windows OS to another drive??: I have a really full C drive since it only has 100GB on my laptop. I have another drive that is 500 gb which I am using and is integrated in the laptop that I want to move windows to. I first of all- dont want to lose any data my D: drive already has data and apps in it so...
  4. Easiest Way to Back One Hardrive to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest Way to Back One Hardrive to another: Anyone have a direct way to get a backup image from one drive and store it as an image file on another in case I need it in the future? I think Windows can do this but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is there some sort of universal way to do this? I found AOMEI Backupper,...
  5. How do I move my OS to another drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I move my OS to another drive?: I want to quickly move my OS from my current physically damaged drive to my new one and recover the lost system files with sfc /scannow. Is that possible?...
  6. Easiest way to check the legitimacy of a flash drive?

Easiest way to check the legitimacy of a flash drive?: Hey all! Sorry for another help post to flood this sub, with r/techsupport down I came here. I recently got this nifty usb flash drive from a friend for secret Santa. Windows says ~250GB of storage, which I am very skeptical of, especially due to how cheap it is on Amazon....
  7. Easiest way to reinstall OEM OS on different drive than current OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Easiest way to reinstall OEM OS on different drive than current OS?: I have a desktop with several drives. I am prepping to sell to someone else. My pc was sold with Win10 Home I believe. I currently have Win10 Ed. My current Win10 Ed OS is currently identified as disk 3 , has my C drive and other system partitions. That drive I will remove...
  8. Can't move my OS to another drive

Can't move my OS to another drive: Trying to move Windows 10 from my 120GB SSD to a new 500 GB SSD, but I'm getting an error: Windows did not find any disk which it can use for recreating volumes present in backup. (0x80042414) Here's what I've tried so far: Following these instructions, I've created a...
  9. Easiest way to move folder to another disk?

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Easiest way to move folder to another disk?: Brand new to windows 10 would like to move wife's photoshop elements stuff from C: disk to D:disk. Haven't found and easy procedure to follow. TIA
  10. Best, easiest and safest way to start over

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best, easiest and safest way to start over: It may be worth waiting a week until the new spring update is out as ISO so you install the latest version thus saving massive update

Users found this page by searching for:

1. have windows 10 easiest and safest wea