Windows 10: How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd?

Discus and support How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i just bought a faster SSD than the one that I currently use for my Windows 10. Of course i'd like to move my OS to the new SSD. The new SSD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YouMakeMe, Jul 20, 2020.

1. YouMakeMe Win User

How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd?

Hello, i just bought a faster SSD than the one that I currently use for my Windows 10. Of course i'd like to move my OS to the new SSD. The new SSD is slightly smaller than my current one 25 GB difference, but my current SSD is only 72% full out of a total of 525 GB, so I imagine that's not a problem ?.

Now, I'm just trying to figure out 2 things:

1. how to do it?

2. after moving my OS to a new SSD, will my windows stay activated? i really don't want to buy a new windows license for this..

One would think that it'd be enough to copy all files and folders, but i imagine it can't be that easy 'How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd? :D

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out, kind microsoft community :

:)

YouMakeMe, Jul 20, 2020

2. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on moving the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD without operating system installation (Windows 10 Pro). I am waiting for
    an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A good day!!!

AdrianDragomir1, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

* Duplicate.

Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask you for an opinion on migrating the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD without operating system installation (Windows 10 Pro). I am waiting
    for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A good day!!!

AdrianDragomir1, Jul 20, 2020
  4. How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd?

Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

If you want to move it from hard disk, system image or cloning would be your options:

Choose system image if the SSD is equal in size or larger than hard disk:

Choose cloning if its not:

How to Clone or Move Your Windows 10 Installation to a Larger Hard Disk or SSD

OR

You can remove the hard disk, reinstall Windows 10 directly to SSD, reattach the hard drive and format it.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd?

1. How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd? - Similar Threads - move pro ssd

2. Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD: The past few days, I've been having issues with my boot drive. I keep getting the A2 error on my mobo. I installed the SSD in 2017 and am going to buy a new one before it completely dies. I don't want to rebuy windows. What's the best way for me to move windows onto a new...
  3. Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD: The past few days, I've been having issues with my boot drive. I keep getting the A2 error on my mobo. I installed the SSD in 2017 and am going to buy a new one before it completely dies. I don't want to rebuy windows. What's the best way for me to move windows onto a new...
  4. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD: Need to replace my current SSD. Does Windows 10 come with some kind of cloning program so I can just move my copy of Windows to the new SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-drive-to-another-ssd/8ec2f84b-6438-4ae9-b2d8-0d81f535ed0c
  5. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD: Need to replace my current SSD. Does Windows 10 come with some kind of cloning program so I can just move my copy of Windows to the new SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-drive-to-another-ssd/8ec2f84b-6438-4ae9-b2d8-0d81f535ed0c
  6. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Move windows 10 to another ssd.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move windows 10 to another ssd.: Hello, so I have two ssd on my computer and I want to move windows 10 to a bigger partition on the other SSD, so I can make space for my ubuntu, but I don't want other partitions with my data(pictures, videos, and documents) to get deleted and/or damaged. and other partitions...
  8. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD: Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on moving the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD without operating system installation (Windows 10 Pro). I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A...
  9. Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another

Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another: I have two SanDisk SSD 120GB in my computer. I am running out of space and the one that boots up (with Windows OS on it) is dying. 1) How can I see what is on each individual SSD? I have everything backed up and there was very little on the two SSDs to begin with. 2) My...
  10. Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd

Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd: Used Minitool to copy old ssd entirely to new ssd. Missing boot manager and bcd files. Copied from old to new. No joy? 18432