Windows 10: How to move your Minecraft Dungeons characters from PC to PC

Discus and support How to move your Minecraft Dungeons characters from PC to PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Step One: Create a shortcut to your Minecraft Characters. This is where it gets saved: C:\Users\your account\Saved Games\Mojang Studios\Dungeons\long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RHunter201, Nov 8, 2020.

1. How to move your Minecraft Dungeons characters from PC to PC

Step One: Create a shortcut to your Minecraft Characters. This is where it gets saved:

C:\Users\your account\Saved Games\Mojang Studios\Dungeons\long number folder\Characters

Step Two: Go into this folder. Your character is a dat file. Yes, the long number is your character data. Pay attention to the date/time stamp. That is when you last played that character if you have multiple characters. Save that file and back it up somewhere.

Step Three: You can now go to any other PC and paste that character to the folder in Step One assuming you have that game on the other PC even if it belongs to someone else's account.

Step Four optional: This game can sometimes glitch by opening two Minecraft Dungeon games at the same time. Always make sure only one game is open. You don't want to be leveling up thinking your character is saved then closing out the game. You then notice another MC Dungeon was open and when you press any button, your character did not save where you thought you left off. My suggestion is to ALWAYS back up your character dat file.

You are welcome! Enjoy.

:)

RHunter201, Nov 8, 2020

2. Minecraft Dungeons lost my character.

Today suddenly my character in Minecraft Dungeons are gone.

I haven't reinstalled or nothing.

How can I get my character back?

Is no point playing a game like this if it randomly can reset like this.

Odd Ragnar DengLerstøl, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Minecraft dungeons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to login to Minecraft Dungeons on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you signing in with the same Microsoft Account, you used at the time of purchase?
    • What is the complete error message are you receiving while login?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if the issue persists.

Step 1: Reset the app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Minecraft app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How to move your Minecraft Dungeons characters from PC to PC

Minecraft Dungeons now available on Windows, console and more

Read more:

Brink, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

How to move your Minecraft Dungeons characters from PC to PC

1. How to move your Minecraft Dungeons characters from PC to PC - Similar Threads - move Minecraft Dungeons

2. Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?: I have mc dungeons on pc and I want to switch it over to my switch but I don't know If It Is possible or not, If anyone can help me answer this that would be appreciated very much....
  3. Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is It Possible To Switch Minecraft Dungeons From Pc To Switch?: I have mc dungeons on pc and I want to switch it over to my switch but I don't know If It Is possible or not, If anyone can help me answer this that would be appreciated very much....
  4. Minecraft dungeons crashing pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft dungeons crashing pc windows 10: I have minecraft dungeons for my son and it keeps crashing. Its stuck reopening a reqaed chest and once you open it it crashes everytime. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled. Ive update graphics driver. We bought the game on mojang and signed over to Microsoft as log in and it...
  5. Minecraft Dungeons DLC Working on Xbox but not on PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Dungeons DLC Working on Xbox but not on PC: I bought The Hidden Depths DLC, Echoing void and Flames of the Nether on my Xbox and it says i own it, I recently got Minecraft dungeons on my PC and it says i have to re-buy it again....
  6. Lost Minecraft Dungeons Character Recovery Solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Minecraft Dungeons Character Recovery Solution: To everyone who lost or think they lost their MC Dungeons character, I may be of help. Caveat: I just started playing this game a week ago so I don't know how many times this game got updated, so this is my suggestion as of today. This is where your character gets saved....
  7. How to move your Minecraft Dungeons Character from PC to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move your Minecraft Dungeons Character from PC to PC: Want to move your Minecraft Dungeons characters to another PC. This is how! Only for PC. Step One: Create a shortcut to your Minecraft Characters. This is where it gets saved: C:\Users\your account\Saved Games\Mojang Studios\Dungeons\long number folder\Characters Step...
  8. Minecraft Dungeons lost my character.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Dungeons lost my character.: Today suddenly my character in Minecraft Dungeons are gone. I haven't reinstalled or nothing. How can I get my character back? Is no point playing a game like this if it randomly can reset like this....
  9. Minecraft Dungeon PC Version - multiple player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Dungeon PC Version - multiple player: Hi, I wish to know how many license does I need to purchase if my 3 kids wish to play minecraft dungeon PC version together, while each of them have their own notebook. Do I need to purchase 3 license. Assume 1 player host the game at their notebook, the other 2 join...
  10. Lost my character of minecraft dungeons.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lost my character of minecraft dungeons.: Yesterday, I was playing minecraft dungeons and i reach like level 11. Today, I re-installed windows 10 in my pc and I see that I have to start the game again from lvl 1. Is there any option to sync my last character? What should i do? I'm with the same account. sorry for my...