Windows 10: How to move your windows 10 "My" reference points

Discus and support How to move your windows 10 "My" reference points in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know already that the folder My Games is a windows folder and a reference point and its default location is My Documents in all windows systems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nikos Chatzitoulousis, Mar 6, 2019.

1. How to move your windows 10 "My" reference points

I know already that the folder My Games is a windows folder and a reference point and its default location is My Documents in all windows systems.

Also, Onedrive always back up (sync) My Documents and My Games on my system.

The problem is when I run a Steam game, Onedrive always sync the folder My Games and all the files into this folder for a long time, until it upload all the files, causes serious problem on my internet activity.

I would like to ask you if it is possible to move to folder My Games out of Onedrive, because I don't want to back up this folder.

I try to solve that problem: right click on My Games ---> Choose one drive folders to sync ---> uncheck the folder My Games, but when I run the game a Onedrive message appears "1 (or more) item can't be synced" and a next window:

Error. You already have a file or folder with this name in the same location

Resolution. Rename the item on this pc or online to keep both versions.
    If the items are the same, you can delete the version on this pc to download the online version.

Please tell me how can I solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Nikos Chatzitoulousis, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

How to move your windows 10 "My" reference points

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

How to move your windows 10 "My" reference points

1. How to move your windows 10 "My" reference points - Similar Threads - move reference points

2. How To Move Your Taskbar. Disclaimer: For New Users Only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Move Your Taskbar. Disclaimer: For New Users Only in Windows 10: Hi I'm Azlan and I'm Here to HelpToday We Are Helping of How to Move Your Taskbar at Windows 10 First Right Click on The Task Bar.Then Left Click Taskbar Settings.If You Don't Want to Open Setting's from Taskbar There Is Another Step.Start Menu > Settings > Personalization >...
  3. Windows referance \ point to different file than file just updated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows referance \ point to different file than file just updated: Hello,I had the issue a few years back as well and is now facing the same issue. I just cant remember how I resolved the issue.I have a customer x86 program that is located in the Program File x86 folders, with the programs configuration files. The problem that I have is when...
  4. Windows referance \ point to different file than file just updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows referance \ point to different file than file just updated: Hello,I had the issue a few years back as well and is now facing the same issue. I just cant remember how I resolved the issue.I have a customer x86 program that is located in the Program File x86 folders, with the programs configuration files. The problem that I have is when...
  5. Windows referance \ point to different file than file just updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If out of the blues when you try to open a program, it throws the error message The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, then this post is intended to help you with solutions you can try to quickly resolve the issue. This problem can occur with...
  7. Reference by point blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reference by point blue screen: Laptop ran into blue screen with error code: reference by pointerHappened the first time during gaming. While trying to run test on Dell support page, laptop ran into blue screen before any test can finish....
  8. why is my point not moving and invisible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my point not moving and invisible: Ok so my pointer has just disappeared. So i press ctrl to locate it and it shows that it is in the middle of my screen but it is not visible and will not respond to my touchpad....
  9. How to move your entire Windows 7, or 8 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move your entire Windows 7, or 8 to Win 10: If you have Win 7, 8 and you want to move everything from one system to another or upgrade without losing any files or apps, there's an easy way. Go to Microsoft, download the Download Media Assistant. Here's the kicker, I'm on a 2006 HP 6000 tower, I've transferred...
  10. Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wndows 7 reference on my Windows 10 device?: Hi, I recently purchased a new Windows 10 laptop (HP), which I presumed is a 'clean install' and I'm mooching around looking into how to create a recovery disk. Anyway, when I go into control panel, underneath System and Security I see a link that says; Back up and...