Windows 10: How to multi-layer search a folder for file type example: .png

Discus and support How to multi-layer search a folder for file type example: .png in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,MY goal is to search an entire folder for .png files and replace them for marketing.When I search the folder in the top-right search bar it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Spencer Ulrich, Dec 3, 2022.

1. How to multi-layer search a folder for file type example: .png

Hello,MY goal is to search an entire folder for .png files and replace them for marketing.When I search the folder in the top-right search bar it simply scans the open files which is super obvious and does nothing for me.How can I search the entire folder for .png files instead of just the current open part of the folder?What happens:When I search .png using the top-right search function while the folder is open it produces 0 results as no .png files are in the home directory of the folder, however there are 50~ scattered throughout the entire folderPlease help to scan the whole folder

:)

Spencer Ulrich, Dec 3, 2022
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Search in File Folder

Hello,

My laptop has Windows 10, and there was a Windows Update completed earlier. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but the following problem was not prevalent until now.

When I open a file folder and type in my search request, the search box no longer has characters type inside the box. I get a drop down list of suggestions with a clock like symbol to the left of the suggestions. This has been very frustrating as I have
    been trying to change this for the past 45 minutes back to how my search was before.

I just want to be able to type in my search in the search box and have what I type spelled out in the search box like before- and bring up my requested files.

Please help me get my file folder search box to work like before.

Frustrated.

Thank you,

Tommy

tommy seaghdha, Dec 3, 2022
  4. How to multi-layer search a folder for file type example: .png

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

How to multi-layer search a folder for file type example: .png

1. How to multi-layer search a folder for file type example: .png - Similar Threads - multi layer search

2. how to resize png file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to resize png file?: how do I resize png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-png-file/fce58139-3512-4ce4-8fe5-6b1aebc0aad4
  3. how to resize png file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to resize png file?: how do I resize png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-png-file/fce58139-3512-4ce4-8fe5-6b1aebc0aad4
  4. how to resize png file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to multi-layer search a folder for file type example: .png

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to multi-layer search a folder for file type example: .png: Hello,MY goal is to search an entire folder for .png files and replace them for marketing.When I search the folder in the top-right search bar it simply scans the open files which is super obvious and does nothing for me.How can I search the entire folder for .png files...
  6. Search syntax for "folders containing specific file types" ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Search syntax for "folders containing specific file types" ??: Does anyone know if there is a syntax for finding all folders containing certain types of files? Like if I wanted to find every folder on my D drive containing photos (and have just the folders listed in the search results.) Or find every folder containing ebooks, whatever....
  7. search in folder by type automaticlly

search in folder by type automaticlly: Hi , i dont know why but something happend and its didnt work i want when im search in folder its show results only by type without enter i mean if have someone have idea how im fix that...
  8. how to open PNG file?

how to open PNG file?: how to open png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-png-file/972786e8-87da-4e14-a5ac-e97a09a7be86"
  9. How to open PNG file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open PNG file: Can someone advise me how to open PNG files please.....have tried converting them, but with no success.....the files are pictures from a live webcam on a holiday destination........am I able to view these ? I am sure I have done so before..........Del. 56797
  10. File type search?

in Windows 10 Support
    File type search?: Does anyone know of a way to search an entire computer for instances of a specific type of file? For example, Microsoft Word Document (.doc). I may know that I created a Word doc about something a long while ago e.g. a year, but I don’t remember the name of it, and where I...