Windows 10: How to Mute or Unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Mute or Unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In Windows 10, you can easily adjust the volume level of individual devices and apps, in some cases, you may just want to mute and unmute the volume as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 16, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Mute or Unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can easily adjust the volume level of individual devices and apps, in some cases, you may just want to mute and unmute the volume as needed without affecting the set volume level. In this post, we will show you how to mute or unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10. Mute or […]

This article How to Mute or Unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 16, 2021

2. Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and
    gives me an option to open or to not open it. I did, and I messed about with it and fixed the problem. However, I am now experiencing the same problem in a different format: the sound keeps muting for a while then unmuting. I tried doing the same thing I did
    before to no avail. The normal volume slider didn't show itself muting, so I opened up volume mixer and it showed all my apps muted. I did not do this. I unmuted them all, but Google Chrome seems to keep muting itself back and then unmuting itself, then muting
    itself etc. It mutes at 1-2 second intervals. I scoured the internet for solutions, and it seems that many have been experiencing this problem. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my sound drivers - nothing. Troubleshooting continues to show "opening
    audio enchancements might help" and most internet suggestions do not work. What do I do?

IoanGrayhurst, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

The Windows Volume Control does the same as our TVs, any change in the Volume slider unmutes the sound, apparently "just the way it is made". But then there's a Mute button on our TV remotes while clicking the Speaker icon on the Windows slider bar itself mutes instantly. Some browsers have a speaker icon on tabs that can be clicked to mute only that sound when on a Web site.

Berton, Apr 16, 2021
  4. llinfeng Win User

Windows 10 Volume Mixer fails to keep System Sounds muted over Remote Desktop Connection

The problem:

after having muted the System Sounds on the remote desktop machine, it shall unmute itself after several seconds. This pattern is persistent.

The physical setting:

I use my laptop at work, and use Remote Desktop Connection to access my desktop machine left in my apartment.

The software setting:

I have enabled Remote audio through the Remote Desktop Connection, and chose Remote audio playback --> Play on this computer. Thus, I get audio streaming on my laptop at work.

My attempt:

I have tried to find a way to mute System Volumes through a shortcut, and the following pages appears to be helpful:

1. HowToGeek suggested to create a shortcut with the following executable command:

“C:\Path\To\nircmd.exe” mutesysvolume 2
    2. The same source also points me to the shortcut for opening the Volume Mixer. %SystemRoot%\System32\SndVol.exe. Yet, I failed to find a stable way to mute System Sounds through AutoHotKey.

The problem for the suggested approach is that, on Windows 10, nircmd.exe no longer take the option "mutesysvolume 2" as designed. Instead of toggling the System Volumes, it is toggling the Device Volume. This is different from what the specs have suggested: NirCmd - Windows command line tool

llinfeng, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Mute or Unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mute Unmute Sound

2. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Volume goes mute/unmute on pressing some set of keys.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume goes mute/unmute on pressing some set of keys.: When I press a certain set of keys my volume goes mute/unmute. If I press left_ctrl, t, tab,6, pageup, home my volume goes from mute to unmute and vice-versa. I tried deleting and reinstalling USB drivers, Audio drivers, etc but none worked. When I deleted USB drivers and...
  6. No sound after Windows 10 opening until i mute sound and unmute it .

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound after Windows 10 opening until i mute sound and unmute it .: Hello . I dont know why but no sound after Windows 10 opening until i mute sound and unmute it . If i logout and log in account, stlll have to mute and un mute to have sound....
  7. speaker ramdomly mute and unmute

speaker ramdomly mute and unmute: what causes the hp laptop speakers to mute and unmute itself, windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-ramdomly-mute-and-unmute/11a22f8f-2279-4ae2-bb4e-40a19e8e52a8
  8. Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting: As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and gives me an option to open or to...
  9. unmute the master volume in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    unmute the master volume in windows 10: How can I unmute the master volume in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmute-the-master-volume-in-windows-10/99536401-d6b7-4918-876a-029046a76b54
  10. Mute/Unmute bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mute/Unmute bug: Whenever I unmute the volume on my laptop, it always shows the volume to be at 16. But when I turn the volume up or down it changes back to displaying the correct volume level. For example, if my volume is at 6 I would mute the volume. Then when I unmute, the volume will show...