Windows 10: How to mute Skype? (Deafen)

Discus and support How to mute Skype? (Deafen) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would post this in the Skype sub, but it’s inactive. As people do, I wanna ignore my Skype call and just watch a movie instead, preferably without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gourmet_Salad, May 16, 2020.

1. How to mute Skype? (Deafen)

I would post this in the Skype sub, but it’s inactive.

As people do, I wanna ignore my Skype call and just watch a movie instead, preferably without an indication in Skype that I deafened. But I can’t find a way to mute Skype.. I tried using the volume mixer to mute Skype there, but it doesn’t mute. Almost like they DON’T want me to ignore my call and watch a movie instead. Any help appreciated.

(Yes, I’ve googled before asking)

submitted by /u/Gourmet_Salad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gourmet_Salad, May 16, 2020
  2. Will0330 Win User

Skype not muting other sounds in Windows 10

I think I may have solved this. It appears that windows has issues with knowing what to mute.

I am using a jabra bluetooth headset on windows 10 version 1703 ... I had two issues:

• When in a skype call, if a skype, windows, outlook or other notification happened it would play over top of my skype call, and also mute my mic, so no one could hear me
    • The fact that the above issue occurred meant that none of my sounds were being muted either
    How did I fix it?

• Go to device manager and find your headset/audio device
    • Disable all audio devices associated with your headset except for one (I had 3 "jabra motion headset devices" showing... and this is after several removal and fresh installs of the headset)
    • Go to sounds (right click on sound icon in taskbar, click "sounds")
    • Ensure only one headset device is listed in your playback and recording tabs (if there are more, disable them)
    • Set your headset as the default playback and recording device
    • You may need to restart after this is all complete (my skype would no longer recognize that I had a mic on my headset)
    • test on skype!
    Once windows only had a single headset device, and it was default, it no longer cuts out during calls, no longer mutes me to play a sound, and no sounds are played during my skype calls. AMAZING!

Will0330, May 16, 2020
  3. Cavey Win User
    Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10

I have headphones set as my Default Communication Device, speakers as my Default Device and when communication activity is detected, all other sounds are set to mute.

Using Skype (desktop), on W8.1 this worked fine; on answering a call, the music through the speakers is cut. However, on W10 (both Home and Enterprise) the sound through the speakers is not muted.

Seems to be the exact opposite of the following...

Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.

Any ideas?

Cavey, May 16, 2020
  4. AL43915 Win User

How to mute Skype? (Deafen)

Mute-Mute-Mute

Guess I am joining the party. Have tried everything. Its a one shot deal with the microphone. I can do one command to Cortana and I get muted. Skype, I last a few seconds. My two computers are the same, a new Lenovo laptop, and my Asus Kabby Lake gamer. No malware or viruses, drivers are all up to date. Tried every suggestion I have found across Internet. Nothing has worked for me. Microsoft, you folks need to fix this bug, I'd call you and leave a message but I keep getting muted.

AL43915, May 16, 2020
Thema:

How to mute Skype? (Deafen)

1. How to mute Skype? (Deafen) - Similar Threads - mute Skype Deafen

2. Why isviolin is mute above 670 Hz on Skype?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isviolin is mute above 670 Hz on Skype?: When playing violin on Skype, Messenger or Zoom, the violin sounds mute over 670 Hz violin E string, over the frequency of human speech. Does the software considers it "noise"?...
  3. Why isviolin is mute above 670 Hz on Skype?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isviolin is mute above 670 Hz on Skype?: When playing violin on Skype, Messenger or Zoom, the violin sounds mute over 670 Hz violin E string, over the frequency of human speech. Does the software considers it "noise"?...
  4. Screen sharing usb disconnection and deafening noise

Screen sharing usb disconnection and deafening noise: Hello, I have my own pc mounted well, only when I want to do a screen share on any application it does not work and makes a deafening noise when disconnecting my audio device and reconnecting. I've been looking for it and can't find what the problem is, I've updated the...
  5. Skype mutes all Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype mutes all Audio: Hello there, If i use Skype with my Bluetooth headset it mutes all other Audio. I already selected Do nothing in the Communications Tab. Reinstalled Skype and my Audio Drivers as supposed in ohter Solutions. Still the Problem persists. My skype Version is 8.63.0.76....
  6. Speaker is muted in Skype

Speaker is muted in Skype: I cannot hear the other person. The speakers work in all other applications. In trying to troubleshoot this I stumbled on a screen that shows whether the speakers are working in various application. All showed they were except Skype which is grayed out. Solution? 63.778...
  7. Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows mutes all other sounds Skype: Hi, I have been experiencing the common issue of Windows muting all other programs when I'm using a communications application Skype and Discord while on my headphones I have reinstalled the drivers etc., despite me choosing the "do nothing" option under sound >...
  8. skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype mutes all other sounds in windows when in call: i've changed the windows setting in sounds>communications to do nothing but the problem persists. also reinstalled skype and it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-mutes-all-other-sounds-in-windows-when-in/91374aec-bfb8-4385-be1a-7b55bc02c008
  9. Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10

Skype NOT muting other sounds in Windows 10: I have headphones set as my Default Communication Device, speakers as my Default Device and when communication activity is detected, all other sounds are set to mute. Using Skype (desktop), on W8.1 this worked fine; on answering a call, the music through the speakers is...
  10. Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.

Skype muting other sounds in Windows 10 Pro.: When I have a call on skype (Windows 10 Pro), all my other sounds are muted like in games. I have tried going to sound>Communications and checking do nothing but this still did not fix the issue anyone have any ideas? 9664

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deafen skype