Windows 10: How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?

Discus and support How to mute sounds when turning on laptop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I turn on my laptop, it makes a sound, I don't know how to explain it.When I open my laptop, I click the power on button, it makes this woosh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sofia Lauryn Student, Dec 1, 2022.

1. How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?

When I turn on my laptop, it makes a sound, I don't know how to explain it.When I open my laptop, I click the power on button, it makes this woosh sound like an intro sound lolI want to mute it, its loud as heck. Thanks

:)

Sofia Lauryn Student, Dec 1, 2022

2. Auto mute when turn on laptop

Hi,

Usually my laptop is auto muted when turning on. However, yesterday I installed a new SSD drive to my laptop and now the auto mute is not there anymore. Even if I mute the speaker, when I turn the laptop on after it goes in sleep mode/turn off, the sound
    turn on automatically.

Is there a way to fix this, preferably without 3rd party program? I want my laptop to auto mute itself.

Thank you!

Ha Anh Nguyen, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Dec 1, 2022
  4. How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?

Mute Toggle Stuck

Hi,

I have been trying to get the toggle to switch from mute, but to no avail. This is on an Alienware laptop with an external monitor via HDMI. When testing sound, laptop speakers get sound, but the monitor does not. Using the sound settings, I can see that the monitor is getting inputs for sound, but is not playing them

Below is what I have tried:

• Check drivers in device manager
    • Tried fn and the mute button
    • Tried moving the slider manually, but it switches right back to being muted
    • When the monitor is unplugged, sound turns on, but when it is plugged back in, it toggles off.
    Any ideas or thoughts?

Chaddington14483, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?

1. How to mute sounds when turning on laptop? - Similar Threads - mute sounds turning

2. Muffled or muted sound when in call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  3. How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?

How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?: When I turn on my laptop, it makes a sound, I don't know how to explain it.When I open my laptop, I click the power on button, it makes this woosh sound like an intro sound lolI want to mute it, its loud as heck. Thanks...
  4. Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.: I have had this problem for some time. Carlo has worked with me and requested the make of my computer however I could not figure out how to get it to him and got disconnected. The speakers shut down when you turn the computer off at night. The trouble shooter fixes them when...
  5. Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.: I have had this problem for some time. Carlo has worked with me and requested the make of my computer however I could not figure out how to get it to him and got disconnected. The speakers shut down when you turn the computer off at night. The trouble shooter fixes them when...
  6. Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No sound when connecting laptop to tv HDMI locked on mute

No sound when connecting laptop to tv HDMI locked on mute: When I connect my laptop to my LG tv through HDMI there is no sound. The screen works and everything but my audio locks on mute. My laptop stays muted and there is no sound. I cannot unmute it and have tried troubleshooting it, it says that it is muted and tried to unmute it...
  8. Sound Muted When Resuming Video

Sound Muted When Resuming Video: I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue an Audio Sub-System or a Driver issue. Background; UNtil a couple of days ago I had an Nvidia GTX 960 that I connected to my HDTV with an HDMI cable. I ran the video and audio through the GTX 960, into the TV and out to my speaker...
  9. Auto mute when turn on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto mute when turn on laptop: Hi, Usually my laptop is auto muted when turning on. However, yesterday I installed a new SSD drive to my laptop and now the auto mute is not there anymore. Even if I mute the speaker, when I turn the laptop on after it goes in sleep mode/turn off, the sound turn on...
  10. Sound mutes when changing desktops

Sound mutes when changing desktops: Hi all, All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This has worked fine up until a couple of days ago and I've changed nothing. Any new updates that may have screwed this up or any...