Windows 10: How to network two laptops

Discus and support How to network two laptops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop in my home and one in my woodworking shop. Is it possible to network them so I can access either hard drive or clone them to make just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jayhawk714, May 1, 2019.

1. How to network two laptops

I have a laptop in my home and one in my woodworking shop. Is it possible to network them so I can access either hard drive or clone them to make just one hard drive?

:)

jayhawk714, May 1, 2019

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 1, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 1, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

How to network two laptops

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 1, 2019
Thema:

How to network two laptops

1. How to network two laptops - Similar Threads - network laptops

2. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  3. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  4. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  5. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...: New Surface Laptop, all drivers updated. After one week, suddenly unable to connect to wifi. The password is correct, I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting, but just get the 'secured, unable to connect to this network' I can connect to hotspot, and my PC is...
  6. Surface laptop no longer able to connect to wifi network. The password is correct and all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...: Windows laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reset-my-hp-laptop-when-i-tried-to-get/e3c8a138-c623-4efe-b4c0-5cfbc9d0f637
  8. My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks: I have a Dell laptop from 2018 with Windows 10. Usually I use Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet and therefore, I had not paid attention that the laptop did not display the names of the wifi networks, which means I cannot connect to the Internet with WiFi. When I...
  9. My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks

My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks: I have a Dell laptop from 2018 with Windows 10. Usually I use Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet and therefore, I had not paid attention that the laptop did not display the names of the wifi networks, which means I cannot connect to the Internet with WiFi. When I...
  10. My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing