Windows 10: How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?

Discus and support How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sorry if this is common but I upgraded a machine to win10 yesterday and I want to transfer over my files from my win7 unit. Home group is talked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PolyHive, Feb 9, 2019.

1. PolyHive Win User

How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?

Sorry if this is common but I upgraded a machine to win10 yesterday and I want to transfer over my files from my win7 unit.

Home group is talked about a lot in the tutorials on the web but seemingly in a recent upgrade that is no longer an option in win10.

So can some kind person point me to how its now done please as I am struggling. I am no techie so easy does it please.

PH

:)

PolyHive, Feb 9, 2019
  2. dahas Win User

WIN10 HOMEGROUP not accessible by WIN7 PCs

Hello,

I cannot connect my WIN 7(home) PCs (3 of them) to a homegoup created on a new Windows 10 (home) computer.

The WIN 7 PC see each other without any issue.

Here’s how I proceeded:

• Leave all homegroups on the WIN7 PCs
    • Create a new homegroup on the WIN10 pc with the same group
    • The WIN7 PCs see the new homegroup
    • Click on join and enter password
    • After some time I get a message that connection was not possible

I’ve also tried to create the homegroup on a WIN7 pc. The WIN10 pc can see and accept to join but the shares are not visible.

Running WIN 10 1709 HOME

dahas, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Scoobydu Win User
    homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Feb 9, 2019
  4. dahas Win User

WIN10 HOMEGROUP not accessible by WIN7 PCs

Hello,

Disabling the Avast Antivirus didn't work. But I managed to get it working by disconneting all the PCs from the homegroup then delete the homegroup created on the WIN10 pc.

I then created a new homegroup on one of the WIN7 PC and from the WIN 10 PC I could join and see all the shares on the WIN7 PCs and and of course from the WIN7 PCs everything is still working fine and I can now see the WIN10 PC and all its shared items..

I have no idea what really solved the issue.

Thanks anyway for all your precious help

dahas, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now? - Similar Threads - network Win10 win7

2. Win10 and win7 network woes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 and win7 network woes: Hi, I have 3 pc's in a network, 2 are running windows 10 and 1 is running windows7 When I had just 2 connected win10 and win 7 both could see each other and exchange files without issue. Occasionally however the win7 machine would struggle to see the win10 machine....
  3. Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers

Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers: I just updated my Windows 7 Pro laptop to Windows 10 Pro (1903) and now I can no longer see other computers on my home network. The others have both been Win10 machines for some time (recently updated to 1903) and I was able to see them in my Win7 network (via HomeGroup...
  4. Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem: I have a home network that was set up with all win7 machines and a HP LaserJet 4050 lpt printer attached to one of them. All machines had access thru the network to this one printer. I recently purchased a new win10 computer (Dell Precision 3630) to which I have attached the...
  5. Networking Win10 with Win7

Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  6. Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup: Hello! I saw your recent post and decided that you may be able to help me and others who later read this post. My issue and rant: With Windows recent update (Ver 1803), the simple task of networking two home computers has become a nightmare. I cannot understand how a...
  7. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  8. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

networking a win 10 home to win7 pro: "You bo not have permission to access" when I try to open a floder on the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-a-win-10-home-to-win7-pro/515d64ae-2e9c-48f9-b0bd-b53a264633dd
  9. win 10 to win7

win 10 to win7: I downloaded win10, didn't care for it and went back to 7. Now my wifi doesn't work, laptop shows that it's connected; but it wont connect to any web page. 13264
  10. Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7

Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7: Hi I have three computers in my house that I want on a homegroup to share docs and printers. Two are on Windows 10 and one is on Windows 7. They are all on the same network. I'm having a devil of a time getting them to share stuff. Help!!!!! Thanks in advance. 66074