Windows 10: How To Neuter Cortana So It Looks Like This

Discus and support How To Neuter Cortana So It Looks Like This in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just about everything about Cortana disabled but I cannot get it to look like or behave like on my other computer. I cannot recall what changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Dec 15, 2018.

1. How To Neuter Cortana So It Looks Like This

I have just about everything about Cortana disabled but I cannot get it to look like or behave like on my other computer. I cannot recall what changes I made but I am pretty sure it was not a registry hack. Any suggestions welcome. TIA.

I want Cortana to look like this:

How To Neuter Cortana So It Looks Like This [​IMG]

and not like this:

some (all) cortana settings disabled:

:)

phaedruspress, Dec 15, 2018

2. Cortana -looks like it is not able to hear

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• From when did the issue started happening?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Did you see any error message or error code on the screen?
    First try restarting the computer for several times and check if Cortana works. Also check if the Cortana settings "Let Cortana respond when you say "Hey Cotana"" is turned on. I suggest you to install all available windows updates, including Optional
    updates; this should fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X. Select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Windows Update.
    • Click Check for Updates. After the scan is complete, click Review optional updates.
    • Click the check box next to the updates, then click Install
      updates.
    • If prompted, review the license agreement, then click I Accept.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the updates.
    Note: Make sure you reboot the computer once, after installing updates and then check if it fixes the issue.

You may also refer this Wiki article suggested by Barb Bowman and check if it helps.

Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds.

Cortana: Expectations, Usage, Tips, Work Arounds.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Cortana -looks like it is not able to hear

Cortana shows the words 'listening' in the window in status bar, but does nothing.

I have ASUS TP300LA laptop.

Can you suggest some steps to follow for resolving the issue?

Also if I ask a question by writing, I don't get any answers.

parmrandhawa, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

How To Neuter Cortana So It Looks Like This

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

How To Neuter Cortana So It Looks Like This

1. How To Neuter Cortana So It Looks Like This - Similar Threads - Neuter Cortana Looks

2. What does your Default Apps looks like? Mine looks like this.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does your Default Apps looks like? Mine looks like this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jolenebecomesreal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo18k9/what_does_your_default_apps_looks_like_mine_looks/
  3. How to make Win10 look like Win7?

How to make Win10 look like Win7?: Hello, I am using windows 10 since a couple of months now and i cant get used to the new design.... How can i make it looks and feels like win7 ? submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments]...
  4. Why is this looking like this?

Why is this looking like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArchMD96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhf4nm/why_is_this_looking_like_this/
  5. Cortana and Connected Home Insteon: It looks like your device is unauthorized

in Cortana
    Cortana and Connected Home Insteon: It looks like your device is unauthorized: I've been using Cortana on Windows 10 devices, Android phones, and Invoke Speakers to control my Insteon smart home switches for years and it's always worked great. However, for the last couple of weeks when asking Cortana to do a smart home command I'll get a "it looks like...
  6. How to make the icons look like this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make the icons look like this.: This are how my icons looks like: [ATTACH] How can I make the icons look like this:[ATTACH] This is something I really wanted to know because it looks better in the second photo and I think it is more beautiful and aesthetic, but I don't know how to do it that way, I have...
  7. How to make the icons look like this.

How to make the icons look like this.: [IMG] This are how my icons looks like: https://preview.redd.it/mg35coy93fe41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=00d9115b78cba3361bd78c4cd1c96df9f0e1d7da How can I make the icons look like this:...
  8. Does microsoft like to look like fools?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does microsoft like to look like fools?: With as many bugs in updates or Windows to begin with, it's no surprise to me that people are rolling back their OS or just going to Linux. Is microsoft happy with this?...
  9. Can someone tell me how to get rid of this so it looks like normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Can someone tell me how to get rid of this so it looks like normal: [img] 63085
  10. Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana integration with Windows 'Threshold' looking more likely: Rumors have been circulating for a while that Microsoft is planning to incorporate its personal digital assistant, Cortana, into the next major version of Windows. On August 11, those rumors turned up a notch, with Neowin.net reporting that internal "dogfood" builds of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. neuter cortana

2. cortana neuter