Windows 10: how to number files sequentially in file explore ?

Discus and support how to number files sequentially in file explore ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to number files sequentially in file explore ? I open my flash drive with 700 songs in it. How do I number the songs in sequence in file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LC828, Jan 19, 2020.

1. LC828 Win User

how to number files sequentially in file explore ?

I open my flash drive with 700 songs in it.

How do I number the songs in sequence in file explorer ?

:)

LC828, Jan 19, 2020
  2. rosede Win User

How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

I have a multiple page document that has a 96 numbers sequentially listed. Actually its 192, because the numbers appear twice on the same page. Four duplicate numbers on 12 pages, 192 instances of sequential numbers.

I need to be able to renumber starting with the next highest number on the list. For example, the highest current number is 96. I need to start the numbering sequence at 97 and then increment from there. I hope this is clear enough.

For example 100001 thru 100096. I need to renumber the sequence 100097 thru 100192.

I've fooled around with the Find and Replace tool in Word. If I use the wild card setting, I can find the sequence 1000[0-9][0-9]. But, I can't figure out how to replace the matched find with the next number in the sequence.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thank you.

Daryl

rosede, Jan 19, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Jan 19, 2020
  4. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. how to number files sequentially in file explore ? - Similar Threads - number files sequentially

2. how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?: Hi,I have multiple files in a folder, and I want to add a sequential prefix to all the files using power shell.For example:random name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfChange to:C3.1 random name file.pdfC3.2 random name...
  3. how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?: Hi,I have multiple files in a folder, and I want to add a sequential prefix to all the files using power shell.For example:random name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfrandom name file.pdfChange to:C3.1 random name file.pdfC3.2 random name...
  4. how to number files sequentially in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date

how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date: Hey I'm not very good at powershell so I was wondering if someone who is could help me. I found this answer on another thread on how to number files sequentially in file explorer and I need it modified but I don't really understand it.[ref]$i = 1; gci -file Rename-Item...
  6. how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date: Hey I'm not very good at powershell so I was wondering if someone who is could help me. I found this answer on another thread on how to number files sequentially in file explorer and I need it modified but I don't really understand it.[ref]$i = 1; gci -file Rename-Item...
  7. how to number files sequentially in file explorer based on creation date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File transfer sequential order

File transfer sequential order: I have many large running actions of file transfers, is it possible to switch these to complete sequentially? Rather than all of them completing at the same time which slows down each individual action....
  9. How to rename files sequentially at a number other than 1

How to rename files sequentially at a number other than 1: Hey gang, I've got a bunch of files (~300) that need to be renamed sequentially. I used the F2 command to change the names from "image1.png" to "M00000(1).png", etc. Is there a switch or something in PowerShell or the command prompt to start at a number other than 1 and...
  10. How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?: I have a multiple page document that has a 96 numbers sequentially listed. Actually its 192, because the numbers appear twice on the same page. Four duplicate numbers on 12 pages, 192 instances of sequential numbers. I need to be able to renumber starting with the next...