Windows 10: how to obtain a product keys for activation of windows

Discus and support how to obtain a product keys for activation of windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i can't find my product keys for windows activation. How or Where do i found it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by onetwo77, Oct 15, 2019.

1. onetwo77 Win User

how to obtain a product keys for activation of windows

i can't find my product keys for windows activation. How or Where do i found it?

:)

onetwo77, Oct 15, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Windows 10 upgrade activation product key requirement no skip

Hi Anil,

To quote Andre's post, can you please try the following steps as well right after you got the product key from the steps that was provided to you above.

• Click Start
    • Settings
    • Find Update & Security
    • On the left pane of the page, click Activation
    • In the change the product key section, enter the product key you have
    • Click Next to activate.
    Let us know how it goes so we can provide you with a better solution.

Josef Bri, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

1. how to obtain a product keys for activation of windows - Similar Threads - obtain product keys

2. How do I obtain my product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I obtain my product key?: Some time ago I upgraded my PC. I now recently booted my old PC up and realized it had W10 Pro. My new one doesn't. I want upgrade my new PC with the product key of this one. I am having trouble getting the actual key though. I've tried some command prompt methods but they...
  3. How do I obtain my product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I obtain my product key?: Some time ago I upgraded my PC. I now recently booted my old PC up and realized it had W10 Pro. My new one doesn't. I want upgrade my new PC with the product key of this one. I am having trouble getting the actual key though. I've tried some command prompt methods but they...
  4. How do I obtain my product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to obtain a product key for windows 10 home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to obtain a product key for windows 10 home.: Hello,Will purchasing the "windows 10 home download" from Microsoft give me a product key or what am I getting if I purchase this. Also, how would I know if this is for the 64-bit version of windows? Thanks for the help...
  6. How to obtain a product key for windows 10 home.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to obtain a product key for windows 10 home.: Hello,Will purchasing the "windows 10 home download" from Microsoft give me a product key or what am I getting if I purchase this. Also, how would I know if this is for the 64-bit version of windows? Thanks for the help...
  7. How to obtain a product key for windows 10 home.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. How to Obtain Windows 10 Product key from Microsoft

How to Obtain Windows 10 Product key from Microsoft: My PC mother board and the HDD got completely destroyed. Can anyone help me to obtain my Windows 10 Pro product key as well as to down load the OS...
  9. Is it possible for me to obtain my product key?

Is it possible for me to obtain my product key?: Hello,I recently purchased a used laptop that came with an activated version of Windows 10 32-bit Pro,I'd like to switch to 64-bit because it's compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit software,but I would prefer to have the features of activated Windows,is there anyway that I...
  10. How to obtain product key in motherboard BIOS?

How to obtain product key in motherboard BIOS?: I'm convinced my brother to finally upgrade his PC. I have assembled his new PC & waiting for him to arrive at my home with his old PC later today so we can remove hardware & install these in his new PC. All it took was PSU issues with the old PC he purchased from...