Windows 10: How to once for all disable shared memory?

Discus and support How to once for all disable shared memory? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Question how can I disable shared memory... I am so tired of this sh... I have 8GB SystemRAM and 8GB VRAM but the GPU still take from my already low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Phil Web, May 24, 2024.

1. Phil Web Win User

How to once for all disable shared memory?

My Question how can I disable shared memory... I am so tired of this sh... I have 8GB SystemRAM and 8GB VRAM but the GPU still take from my already low SystemRAM 1.5GB instead to use the own VRAM... I don't care if the system become instable or not, I want to try and take the risk. But I need to know how I can disable it if there is any chance or lower it at least... I am very thankful for any solution.

:)

Phil Web, May 24, 2024

2. HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, May 24, 2024
  3. And8717 Win User
    System Shared Memory

Hi,

I have this issue:

I installed a new GPU on my PC (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) and after that my System information has changed so..

Before:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB

After:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB (7.95 GB usable)

Now I have 2 questions:

• is possible decrease or disable the Shared System Memory? (I can't from bios)
    • in my video card info the Shared System Memory amounts to 4070 MB where are the others 4 GB of my RAM..
      why only 7.95 GB usable an not 12 GB?

Thanks a lot

Andrea

And8717, May 24, 2024
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 24, 2024
Thema:

1. How to once for all disable shared memory? - Similar Threads - once disable shared

2. How to once for all disable shared memory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to once for all disable shared memory?: My Question how can I disable shared memory... I am so tired of this sh... I have 8GB SystemRAM and 8GB VRAM but the GPU still take from my already low SystemRAM 1.5GB instead to use the own VRAM... I don't care if the system become instable or not, I want to try and take the...
  3. How to disable Memory Integrity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Memory Integrity: HelloI need to disable Memory Integrity on my Windows 11 but I failed to do so. Reason is, my HTV Vive Pro 2 bluetooth drivers are getting blocked when Memory Integrity is active. I am disabling it from Security > Core Isolation > Memory Integrity, and Windows asks me to...
  4. How to disable Memory Integrity

How to disable Memory Integrity: HelloI need to disable Memory Integrity on my Windows 11 but I failed to do so. Reason is, my HTV Vive Pro 2 bluetooth drivers are getting blocked when Memory Integrity is active. I am disabling it from Security > Core Isolation > Memory Integrity, and Windows asks me to...
  5. How can i disable shared GPU memory??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i disable shared GPU memory??: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/2x4gen8ul4551.png?width=1917&format=png&auto=webp&s=5b06bc7f4537f8cfd40a490903bd583aa104a8bb submitted by /u/Noobsor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9n4nf/how_can_i_disable_shared_gpu_memory/
  6. How to uninstall multiple fonts all at once?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to uninstall multiple fonts all at once?: Hello, Im trying to uninstall big font families hundreds of fonts at once. But there seems to be no way. In Settings > Fonts all you can do is click on an individual font and uninstall it. But I wish to uninstall hundreds of fonts at once. There was a thread here made...
  7. How to add shared memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add shared memory: Hi, As the title suggest, I need to add a certain amount of shared memory to be able to run an enormous neural net on my gpu(8gb of vram isn't enough...). From what I could gather online, this setting is found in the bios. But from my understanding of it, this only concerns...
  8. Folders show as 'Shared'. How to disable Sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders show as 'Shared'. How to disable Sharing?: Seems some system folders are showing the 'Shared' icon in the lower-left of the window. Does anyone know how to disable file and folder sharing across the OS? (P.S. Think I've asked this before but nobody provided a solution that yielded any results). Attachment 213096...
  9. Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card: I have searched for a while and I always see the same answers... Either "it doesnt matter, it will use it when it needs it" or "its in the bios". The 2nd one is only right for INTEGRATED graphics cards, but Im talking about a GTX 960. I had 8 GB of RAM and a demanding game...
  10. How to disable certain applications' notifications once and for all?

How to disable certain applications' notifications once and for all?: I have an application that pops up lots of notifications each time after it started up such that these started to annoy me. But what I find even more annoying is that even though I regularly disable that app's notifications in Windows 10's -> Settings -> Notifications &...