Windows 10: How to one-time delete folder without change owner or disable UAC?

Discus and support How to one-time delete folder without change owner or disable UAC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I copied a folder tree from another computer in LAN onto my local computer. After some work I want to delete this folder tree on my local computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Aug 20, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

How to one-time delete folder without change owner or disable UAC?

I copied a folder tree from another computer in LAN onto my local computer.

After some work I want to delete this folder tree on my local computer.

When I right-click in File Explorer on the top node and select "delete" then a popup tells me:

"You need to provide administrator permissions"

Tutorials in Internet say I have to click through several menus to take ownership of this folder and be able to delete it.
    Others recommend to disable UAC.

Is there really no other way to delete such files/folders?

Is there no context menu extension "delete as administrator" (With prompt for password)?

If necessary I could add my user to the admin group but I want to avoid this too.

Any other solution with a minimum of effort?

Thank you
    Peter

:)

pstein, Aug 20, 2019

2. Help!! Can not delete folder

Thanks,
    Killbox beta worked great. I set it to delete on reboot. I was then able to Manually delete the folder.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to one-time delete folder without change owner or disable UAC? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to one-time delete folder without change owner or disable UAC? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 20, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Help!! Can not delete folder

Turn of UAC, if you haven't already.

Make sure you are the owner of the folder, and that the permissions are set properly.

If that doesn't work, try Killbox.

If that doesn't work, the folder might be corrupt, meaning the hard drive might be going bad.

newtekie1, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. How to one-time delete folder without change owner or disable UAC? - Similar Threads - delete folder without

2. Cannot change owner of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change owner of folder: Hi, when I try to enter the Windows Defender Scan folder it says I have been denied access to the folder despite being an administrator. When I try to change who the owner of the folder is in the security tab, It doesn't even give me the option to click on it to try and...
  3. Cannot change owner of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change owner of folder: Hi, when I try to enter the Windows Defender Scan folder it says I have been denied access to the folder despite being an administrator. When I try to change who the owner of the folder is in the security tab, It doesn't even give me the option to click on it to try and...
  4. How do i disable uac without admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable uac without admin password: I was trying to download an app but i needs a uac but the only problem is i forgot the admin password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-uac-without-admin-password/b17dfd9e-b3e3-45f9-a4d2-99aabd42deb3
  5. How do i disable uac without admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i disable uac without admin password: I was trying to download an app but i needs a uac but the only problem is i forgot the admin password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-uac-without-admin-password/b17dfd9e-b3e3-45f9-a4d2-99aabd42deb3
  6. IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISABLE UAC WITHOUT ADMIN RIGHTS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISABLE UAC WITHOUT ADMIN RIGHTS?: So curently i cant dowload anything from the internet without the uac blocking me from using it . Like games and other apps, i've tried disabling it but it always asks for an admin password which i dont have or using comand prompt but it still fails.The device i'm using is...
  7. Disabling UAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling UAC: I just disabled UAC because “Rockstar Games Launcher” always gave me a notification about making changes to the pc and I always had to accept it. It got kinda annoying because it showed always when I launched GTA V. I disabled the UAC completely but now I’m kinda scared that...
  8. Disable UAC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable UAC: How do I log in as administrator on my personal laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-uac/a491df47-4ce9-4534-aeee-5be6de4c1b37
  9. how to change owner of a directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change owner of a directory: How to change owner of a directory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-owner-of-a-directory/172f779f-e7ea-4960-8523-3f94258b6cce"
  10. Disable UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable UAC: With the earlier builds, I had UAC disabled in the registry( just as I do for my host machine Windows 8.0 Pro) and everything worked fine. It was in your sister forum eightforums tutorial that I learned how to disable UAC in Windows 8. I also use Start8 and Windowblinds on...